EFTTA is keen to promote membership growth in order to help companies in the European fishing tackle trade.
Established in 1981, EFTTA is the trade association for manufacturers and wholesalers of sportfishing equipment throughout Europe. As an international, independent association, EFTTA campaigns tirelessly to promote sportfishing, environmental issues and business throughout the whole of Europe.
EFFTA is probably best known for running the EFTTEX show, an exhibition exclusive to traders in the Fishing Tackle Industry and where exhibitors must be EFTTA members. However EFTTA is keen to stress that membership of its association includes many more benefits and is open to all manufacturers, wholesalers, agents and press in the tackle industry.
Some of the key benefits of EFTTA membership include –
• A company listing on the EFTTA website allowing any company to be seen by other members – perfect for networking and sharing information.
• Use of The European Fishing Dictionary which translates fishing related words and phrases into French, German, Italian, Spanish and Swedish – invaluable for tackle companies wanting to do business in the European market.
• Access to The International Fishing Tackle Directory which contains details of more than 12,000 worldwide tackle manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers – ideal for sourcing both suppliers and customers.
• Member company details will appear in the EFTTA Membership Directory which is distributed to all fishing tackle companies worldwide and at trade exhibitions attended by EFTTA – therefore giving any member an immediate worldwide audience.
• Access to statistical information on fishing tackle imports and exports for the whole of the EU and over 30 other countries (such as china, Canada, Australia etc) – allowing companies to generate future business plans with as much market information as possible.
• Subscription to EFTTA’s bi-monthly Newsline email newsletter – sent to 13,500 fishing tackle industry professionals worldwide – where members can promote their own news and product launches.
• Access to an Intellectual Property solicitor offering discounted rates for members – invaluable advice to protect your products making copying difficult for other companies.
• The Line Testing programme – where manufacturers fishing lines are tested and when successful, are given the EFTTA Approved Line accreditation.
• Discounted cargo shipping costs from affiliated supplier, Agility.
In addition, anyone joining EFTTA becomes part of an organisation which has its own lobbyist, Jan Kappel, based in Brussels, and an organisation which is proud to donate around 40,000 Euros annually, by way of its Youth Grant, to encourage sportfishing throughout the EU.
Pierangelo Zanetta, EFTTA President said: “EFTTA is a wonderful organisation to be a part of and sportfishing is a great institution to work on behalf of. We have some very dedicated members who, ultimately, all share the same passion for wanting to preserve and promote not only the tackle trade, but the sport as a whole throughout Europe.
“The more members we have, then the stronger we become as an organisation and the louder our voice becomes across Europe. This in turn, will help preserve sportfishing for future generations to enjoy.”
Membership costs to join EFTTA start from 600 Euros. Further information about joining EFTTA can be found at www.eftta.com