kelsey leigh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kelsey leigh

Has anyone aver been asked for a deposit to book a boat trip,i booked up for this sunday with this boat 2 weeks ago with 3 others,including my son who was going for his 18th birthday,i got a message today asking for a 20 quid pp deposit,which i was happy to pay,but i had problems with my bank online so couldnt pay,but i was detinately going,i tol the skipper Lee Brown this,he obviously didnt believe me as he basicly told me where to go,well he's lost any future business with me

I'm sorry to hear of your treatment. There is no reason to be rude to a customer, whatever business you're in as the customer will just vote with their feet, as you rightly did.

There is another side to the coin though. Many charter skippers have been let down on bookings when the parties or individuals don't show. This is their livelihood and they don't have a particularly long season, with bad weather and all. I've known a few to insist on a deposit, and frankly, I'm surprised more don't. I myself was down in Milford Haven this summer and went on a 6 hour trip with my son and a few others on the boat. All was fine, but the skipper had had a booking for a 4 hour trip in the afternoon from a group of 3, plus a single angler on his own. The group failed to appear, so the skipper was in the difficult position of cancelling the solitary angler, or going out on a loss-making 4 hour trip. To his credit, he decided to go on the trip, so to give him a bit more to cover his overheads my son and I tagged along too. Unfortunately, it's all too common an occurrence as the skippers will tell you. But nobody has the right to get shirty with a customer.

I hope your next experience is a better one, and the skipper lands you on the fish, which would be even better. Good luck!

Comment

I couldn't agree more. Charters should always take a deposit for the reason of people cancelling, but also to protect the anglers who do turn up. If a skipper has 50% of the money from people that don't turn up, he is much more likely to sail with the few who do turn up. I don't understand why they don't - madness! Having said that I booked the boat in question 3 years ago, paid my deposit, he cancelled and it took me 3 weeks to get my money back and only after threatening to expose him on every fishing site. Needless to say, I have never been out on his boat!!
      2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

Thanks for your comments guys,i heard today this guy has a habit of messing people around,i phoned a few skippers in the marina , to get a boo king but no joy for this weekend,one of the skippers(won't mention who) told me i deffo picked the wrong boat,anyway i managed to get on one in two weeks,hope the weather holds out,tight lines

Comment

JFK 2 is the best boat out the Tyne in my opinion. Good skipper, always sails if the weather is suitable. No issues with him.
          2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

That's bad business from the skipper, yes they get messed around, but he should've gave any customer another chance to pay the money, wonder if he's ever had internet banking problem's, as im sure we all have. There's lessons to be learned here, stick with skippers you know.

Comment

The skipper in question has just left a party of anglers from Leeds stranded at the marina at the weekend, didn't bother to turn up or even contact them, I wouldn't be a happy chappy if I'd travelled over 2 hours to find no boat waiting for me

Comment

As Kayos said!!!!! absolutely spot on! and also as other Skippers in marina told you
                AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Working...
                X