Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They think it's all over....

.......It is for a few years.

Well after 14 years of being a boat owner and using the boat 40 to 50 times a season year in year out it was a hard decision to sell my boat ON-A-ROLL.

With a new lower paid job, new born child, less larger fish, ever increasing Windy spring n summers rising fuel costs and the threat of traffis imposed on boats with high emitions, it all aided the decision to sell.

Plan to return in a few years with a smaller boat and my first ever outboard one but for now it will be odd day on a charter n odd trip away to sample other parts of the UK fishing industry.

Still wish everyone a good coming season that is only 5 months away
    ................__................................ .............................
    ____[ ~ \_____
    [__On-A-Roll__/
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    P.B
    SKATE 204lb
    COD 51lb
    LING 32lb
    TOPE 40lb
    CONGER 25lb
    HADDOCK 10lb
    HALIBUT 37lb
    COALIE 16lb
    BLUE SHARK 55lb

It's a sad day when you write a post like that, but it all makes sense, I wish you well in whatever you choose to do, and look forward to the odd charter trip report. Good luck m8, Davey.

Comment

Tough times Richie that’s the end of an era. We swapped to sail a few years ago making the most of the wind and avoiding the increasing fuel costs.

Congratulations on the new addition to the family, I’m sure he’ll be crewing for you in not many years time.

Keep the reports coming when you’re out on the charter boats, it will soon be time to winch some barn doors out of the depths at Oban.

Comment

Hi take you out next season, Richie

Comment

Having something like the same bother myself. Been 'doing up' an old chugger for a couple of years. Just about ready to hit the water, and the engine fell apart. On a tight Budget to begin with, so no chance of another one. Oh well, I still have my Shore Fishing gear.....

Comment

Originally posted by northeast1 View Post
            .......It is for a few years.

Well after 14 years of being a boat owner and using the boat 40 to 50 times a season year in year out it was a hard decision to sell my boat ON-A-ROLL.

With a new lower paid job, new born child, less larger fish, ever increasing Windy spring n summers rising fuel costs and the threat of traffis imposed on boats with high emitions, it all aided the decision to sell.

Plan to return in a few years with a smaller boat and my first ever outboard one but for now it will be odd day on a charter n odd trip away to sample other parts of the UK fishing industry.

Still wish everyone a good coming season that is only 5 months away
            Congratulations on your New Born Richie, I hope you and your family have a great Christmas. A real shame about your boat, I have some great memories of our trips out especially my PB ling

Thinking about possibly getting a boat next year up at Amble. When that happens yours will be the first invite.

Take care

Jonny
            PB Ling 14.5lb (AUG 2013 Stingray)

Comment

Working...
            X