Interline/Inline boat rods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interline/Inline boat rods?

With the new season around the corner I was wondering if anyone had any experience with inline/interline boat rods and any they could recommend?

I normally fish with 8-12lb class so would like to keep to that rating.

The reason behind the change is I can't get a hold of Sonik SK4's anymore in that rating as they have been discontinued. The main things I have broken on them are the eyes and the liners so I figure if I can get a rod without eyes its less to break.
    I still want it to have a good action though for bouncing shads and pirking and not a broom shank.
    Black Betty will be back in the water in just over a fortnight so fingers crossed for a catch report to post.

Cheers,

Graham.

I've thought about trying one as well, I was looking at the Maxximus Nano rods.

How easy does the line thread through? I leave the rod on the boat but take the reel home, so it would have to be easy.
    Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Daiwa Interline rods.

Hi chaps,
      Seen them working first hand, a friend of mine has the 30/50 used in Shetland which coped with everything thrown at it, gorgeous curve action. He also has the 25/40, light as a feather. They are threaded with a bobbin, a little bit of a fanny on but not something that would put me off purchasing one, leaving the reel on is the best option, but obviously in a safe place. The 30/50 has been discontinued unfortunately, but Gerry’s and Glasgow Angling have other rated rods. Cleaning is pretty simple, pour soapy water down the rod and rinse with fresh water.
      The 8/15 would seem to be the nearest you can get to what you want Graham and going off the action of the 2 I’ve seen, it looks good.
      I’ve got a Nano in the garage Keith that’s still in its tube, I’ll check the rating if you fancy a go at it mate.
      Last edited by Orange Shad; 16-04-2019, 05:32 PM.
      John S

Comment

Thank You John. I have had a look around and they are hard to track down.

I found this one: https://www.fishingmegastore.com/boa...2pc~42805.html

However with it only being 7 foot I am not sure if it is long enough for bouncing shads and pirking.

Graham.

Comment

Last edited by wild321; 27-05-2019, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Last edited by wild321; 27-05-2019, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X