• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subject: Terri Louise 26 Aug 06 By Codfather

Subject: Terri Louise 26 Aug
    Codfather

posted on 28/8/2006 at 18:30
    The forcast looked good for saturday so 3 of us headed out of Hartlepool and were leaving the lock gates for about 10;30.

Out of the lock gates and past the middleton pier we were greeted by a nice flat sea, lovely jubely, hardly a breath of wind either.

We headed north and tried the ruff ground first after picking up some macky on the way out. ( loads about)
    Plenty of whiteys and mackeral but no decent ling or cod were to be had, so we moved further afield to try out some wrecks.

Me dad was pleased we tried the wrecks when he landed a cod just over 14lb , the first double figure cod we've had on the boat so that was canny. A bit hairy bringing it aboard because someone had robbed our landing net off the boat a few days before (bar stuards)

At the end of the day we had kept about a dozen codling between 3 - 7 lbs and of course me dads fish that he had reminded us about all day

On one of the wrecks we were catching masses of pouting some not far off 3lb and very dark coloured. Also got some small coalie, ling and a one of those ugly looking things (munk or wolf fish, cant remeber).

It was about the only day I did'nt take me camera either so me mate took a piccy on his camera phone but its not that clear.

Me Dad with his 14lb Cod

Charlie_Thompson

Old Timer

posted on 28/8/2006 at 19:28
    Your dad looks like the late Malcolm Hardy! RIP (Malcolm not your dad obviously, fell of his boat into the Thames and never got out again) Malcolm was the lad that invented the "Balloon Dance" and many other things. His autobiography "I stole Freddy Mercuries Birthday Cake" Is fantastic. A true comedy genius.

KeithB

Old Timer

posted on 29/8/2006 at 06:38
    Well Done lads great fish

alan.f

Super Moderator

posted on 29/8/2006 at 07:54
    Nice report,well done

Charlton

posted on 29/8/2006 at 18:31
    whats your dads name, can you send me full details

X