Pretty good for this time of the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty good for this time of the year

Well o slept on yesterday left the marina at 8.30 headed to souter the water was clean enogh for shadding but my heart wasnt really in it i stayed for about 4hrs only cauhht 4 fish returned . I was up early this morning left the marina at 7.15 am dtopped twice around the whitley area but the water was pretty dirty so i headed to blyth fished there for two hrs caught 6 fish 4 went back kept two nice cod just over 4lb headed to newbiggin got lots of small tommys 2n a half to 2lb kept a 3lber waited for the tide to tutn then headed back to blyth lots of smallish cod about kept a 2n a half pounder only because i couldnt get my shad out so had to butcher it headed back to the marina at about 2.45 pm tally was 23 kept 4 mint day tight lines
    Attached Files

It beats Christmas shopping!

Don't know if you cast your eyes northwards, but if you did you would have seen us as we were fishing Cresswell and we spotted you off Newbiggin. Must have been you as there was only 1 boat down there!

We had a similar kind of day to you but we also had more than a dozen coalies in the kelp which were in nice condition and fought well. This was my first trip out in the new boat and was a bit of a trial run. I'm lifting her on Tuesday for a quick jetwash and check everything is in place, and if so, she'll go back into the water in Amble marina in anticipation for those crisp winter days. Bring it on!
    Attached Files

Comment

Didnt see you but isnt it great to get out so late in the year glad you had a good day

Comment

Working...
      X