Amble 25 May 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amble 25 May 2020

It's typical, the lad goes out last Thursday and lands 100 fish, and today I go out with him and struggle to get 25.

My tally was mostly small codling of 1-2lb, a couple of small pollack and half-a-dozen coleys. Oli,caught more codling than me, but no other species. We left the marina at 09.30 and headed north to Seaton Point. Trying a drift in deeper water produced nothing, so we headed closer in and found them in around 30 feet of water. The fish were very patchy, and not all over, as last week. Nor were there many baitfish present, and the water had a distinct greenish hue. Not very encouraging. The wind was supposed to be a SW, but stayed SE for most of the day, throwing up an uncomfortable swell.

After slackwater, we headed further north to Craster, where the water was much clearer. A lot of bird activity too, about a mile offshore including gannets diving. There were more baitfish present too up here, and we were immediately into fish. Still small stuff but they were on the feed. We could have stayed a lot longer as it was a fish-a-drop at that stage, but had to get back to pick up the missus. We'll be out the next couple of days so hope that the calmer seas will see the visibility improve along with the fishing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200525_134749.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	1584330Click image for larger version

Name:	20200525_101204.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	1584331
Working...
X