Still plenty of fish around

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still plenty of fish around

Last Tuesday, 15th Sept, the weather was so nice I decided to take the day off work and instead offered to take my missus out for a picnic on the boat off Dunstanburgh. The sea was like glass, and it was actually hot, even on the water. With the boat gently rocking, my wife barely looked up when I reached across for my fishing rod. After all, I figured it was too good an opportunity not to see what was lurking underneath.

So while she sun-bathed, I spent the next hour pulling up a nice selection of codling, mackerel, pollock and a fish that I'd never caught before and which I had to look up. It turns out it was a horse mackerel, also called a scad. It went back in again, as did everything else.

It was a smashing day, followed up with dinner at the Boathouse in Amble. Brownie points all-round, plus some great fishing in the short time I had. I see the shore boys have not had any mackerel, but during the week they were certainly out there. The easterlies in the last day or so will have mucked up the water, so I doubt I'll get out this weekend to check.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Horse mackerel 15 Sept 2020 IMG-0281.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	1585496

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pollock 15 Sept 2020 IMG-0277.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	1585497

All ways nice to get out before the weather changers well done fella.
    Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

Working...
    X