Catch report November 19th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catch report November 19th

This weekend I left "Grace" on her mooring and John, Stevie, Birdie and I went out on "Jules" which was a good choice because the newly fitted heater worked a treat. We left Royal Quays approximately an hour after high tide with no great expectations other than a day out in the fresh air. It was our intention to head North and fish a few marks all the way to Cresswell before heading for home on the incoming tide. The water was a lot cleaner than we expected so we stopped on a mark off Whitley Bay to test the strength of drift and check out the water clarity. First drop produced a good bite and in no time at we all had several good fish up to 8lb. We abandoned the plan to fish our way up North to Cresswell and we stayed on roughly the same drift for the rest of the day.
    By mid morning we were throwing most of our fish back because our freezers are already quite full and while there were many many small Codling about, there was also many good sized Cod. A cracking day was had and there's still plenty of fish around so don't call it a day just yet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	November 19.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	1534220
    Last edited by drifter; 20-11-2016, 09:25 PM.

Unexpected report there and well done , what bait were they taking ?

Comment

We were fishing hard ground but the wind was Westerly and quite fresh so we were all using a flowing trace with various shad type lures tipped off with prawn, squid or Mackerel strip. No bait out fished any other bait and some fish were caught by simply hopping the shad instead of a slow retrieve.

Comment

welldone.

as dave says unexspected report.pleased yous all enjoyed the GOOD session..

Comment

Good effort though , Norbert done ok just before xmas as I recall as well .

Too cold for me though ☺️

Comment

Nice one Tony. Seizing the opportunity when it came has given you a good reward. I bet you were pleased to have the heater, water in our corner of the marina still had ice on it in the afternoon.

Comment

Yes Kevin, when I arrived at the marina I thought we were going to be thwarted by the ice because the boats in the shadow of the Zetland were well frozen in. Fortunately the water was ice free at the opposite end of A pontoon but it took a while to scrape the ice from the boat windows.

Comment

Well done lads but I bet it was cold out there.

Comment

Working...
                X