Lure fishing for Bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lure fishing for Bass

I have a few queries about lure fishing for bass.

Firstly, I have seen the Power Line Inox Lure Clips recommended. Are they any good? What size would you use?

Secondly, What split links for connecting trebles to lures.

Finally, What trebles do you use on your lures and what size.

Look forward to reading the replies.

Cheers
    Karl

I tend to stick with the trebles that come on the lures I buy mate... Never really needed to change any. Not much help I know lll
    "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
    PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

ok, thanks for the reply. I take it, decent lures = decent hooks? The hooks on some of the lures I have bought in the past have rusted. Suppose if I clean them in fresh water and dry them it should minimise this.

Comment

Keep them clean and dry and most importantly avoid metal to metal contact as this is the main cause of the rust whilst wet. Once I'v used a lure I keep it in separate box from the clean ones until it's been cleaned and dried.
        Regards
        Si

www.facebook.com/simon.todd.12

http://www.nesa.co.uk/forums/lure-fishing/

Comment

All of the lures i take on a session will be wet as well as the shimano bag if im wading. I move about all the time so its pretty much unavoidable. I'll just rinse them and keep them in a dry place.
          Any info on the links?

Comment

Just a quick note one split rings, I bought some Decoy split rings last year rated at 15lb, still havnt put them on any lures yet but the idea being that if I get snagged I should be able to pull the lure out and only lose a hook.
            Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
            http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
            http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Comment

Can you not keep your lures in an airtight box within your bag? Keep em dry whilst wading? I think the general gist is mate that the hooks only get changed once they are knackered! Lol
              "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
              PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

That's what I mean, what hooks do people replace rusty or blunt ones with.
                And as for an airtight box. I'm using a Shimano lure bag the kind with tubes in to keep lures separate. Very practical for quickly changing lures during a session instead of messing on for 10 minutes trying to untangle a ball of lures.
                Thought more people would be using these they are mint. Here's a link - Shimano Lure Cases - £28.99 - Fantastic Shimano Lure Cases from Gerrys Lure Fishing Tackle

Comment

Originally posted by Karl M View Post
                  And as for an airtight box. I'm using a Shimano lure bag the kind with tubes in to keep lures separate. Very practical for quickly changing lures during a session instead of messing on for 10 minutes trying to untangle a ball of lures.
                  Thought more people would be using these they are mint. Here's a link - Shimano Lure Cases - £28.99 - Fantastic Shimano Lure Cases from Gerrys Lure Fishing Tackle
                  Karl rinse your lures after you use them and they won't go rusty ,I don't because I am lazy but when I replace them I use owner or decoy trebles as the ones you get in the local tackle shops don't last two minutes , I also use j.b clips size 2 or 3,I have used the shimano lure case for a season but I binned it after a year because the lures kept on getting stuck in it and it's a right ball ache when your waste deep in water and a lure gets jammed in it

Comment

Originally posted by Karl M View Post
                    Got 2 Sitting in the cupboard, there a nightmare when the trebles get caught in the holes at the base of the tube or you hook the material on the zip , much better of with a sling bag and lure tray

Comment

Good info there thanks

Just need summer to arrive now!

Comment

JB clips all the way, you can open the 'u' shaped part out a little for getting small jig heads on them.

Comment

Working...
                        X