lrf help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lrf help

I tried it a couple of years ago, only really fishing st mary,s for granny fish little Pollock ect,ive just bought a new lrf set up from moonfleet to give it a better go.the rods a sonik rockchamp 7ft 6inch 3 to 12 gr.i know there not the greatest make of rod but got the warranty if it breaks -lol.and I might buy a better rod if I get into it more.reel wise I got the yuki stain rock 10,then 6lb mono plus a few jig heads,couple of pkts of plastic lures and 2 pkt of power isome (green and pink) and some assorted split shot,ive got carp hooks in 10s 8s and 6 so ill use some of them.i was getting the st marys fish by just pinching a couple of shot onto a fluro leader then using a size 10 carp hook and a thin strip of Tesco squid.i would like to try get a flounder and I catch them close enough in on bait at druridge ect so might try there.if anyone can give me a bit of advice on local marks to try and any info on best colour plastics ect to try for flatties that would be great

Claxheugh "clatchy" area in the River Wear is usually good for Flounder early in the year. The difficulty is getting the distance for the traditional Flattie marks with a very light set - up. Bottom End of Shields Pier at the slab fishing the Harbour side or slightly further up on the Seaward side (near the gate) from the rocks into the shallow Surf might throw one up.
    Regards
    Si

www.facebook.com/simon.todd.12

http://www.nesa.co.uk/forums/lure-fishing/

Comment

How much was the rod n reel mate
      KOMPRESSOR SPORT
      PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
      PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
      OKUMA TRIO 55
      YUKI RUBYMAR
      RON THOMPSON TYRON