lure maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lure maintenance

I spent a most enjoyable hour or so today shining my lures with car polish, they've come up great. Does anyone else do this or it it just me who likes faffing on?

Originally posted by DubberGaz View Post
    I spent a most enjoyable hour or so today shining my lures with car polish, they've come up great. Does anyone else do this or it it just me who likes faffing on?
    I don't bother myself ,I either lose them or change the hooks or split rings when they start to go rusty

Comment

Some seasons I've took the time to rinse my lures after each session, it keeps the hooks in good condition, some seasons I can be lazy and not bother. Inevitably, I need to change hooks after a while. All my lures for this season that needed it have new trebles and I'll be rinsing my gear off instead of being lazy.

Comment

Rinse salt off and air dry and change rings/hooks if necessary. If a metal that was shiney has gone dull I might give it a bit rub with a cloth but sometimes dull is good
        Trust your Uncle!

Lee

Comment

Aye that's basically what I do with mine. The chrome ones are shining like an outside toilet door now...
          Lures ain't cheap so I'm gonna look after them.

While I'm on the subject has anyone any experience of the Fladen Conrad jointed lure? Just been getting a few cos they were a bargain, thought I'd ask anyway.

Comment

not with that lure but with dexter jointed ive had a few fish at night. it has a very loud rattle, fish it sloooooowwwwwwwwwww

Comment

I just make sure they air off and dry quickly, I don't use them in salt water nor would I recommend using rusty hooks.

Comment

I recently aquired lures from france gunfish 115
                The scales at the tail were terrible so they will be gettn a good top coat i also use super resin polish (Autoglym) its an old trick and works a treat i just refurbed an 6500 ultracast 2 speed and it polished out a the skuffs nicely .im a petrol head vw fan so got lots of this sorta stuff layin around
                Hope your all gettin into your season
                Those who race through life usually finish first

Comment

Originally posted by dusk lure View Post
                  I recently aquired lures from france gunfish 115
                  The scales at the tail were terrible so they will be gettn a good top coat i also use super resin polish (Autoglym) its an old trick and works a treat i just refurbed an 6500 ultracast 2 speed and it polished out a the skuffs nicely .im a petrol head vw fan so got lots of this sorta stuff layin around
                  Hope your all gettin into your season
                  Oh it should be the first thing you do rinsing all your gear wether your salt or freshwater fishing reels rods lures the lot
                  Those who race through life usually finish first

Comment

Working...
                  X