Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lure set up advice

Hi guys

Just looking for a bit of advice on a new lure rod / reel set up...

Been browsing a while now (going round in circles!!)

I've basically narrowed it down to a couple of rods and reels which are

Rods
    Savage Gear Bushwhacker XLNT2 Rod 8ft 243 cm 20-60g (£69) Or
    Savage Gear Titanium Spinning Rods 8ft 6in (258cm) 15-50g (£80)

Reels
    Shimano Exage 4000 fd or 2500 fd

Plan to use it on every thing from piers to rock marks, with spinners / soft plastics with braid 20 - 30 lbs

Any views and pointers would be appreciated, at the moment I'm swayed to the titanium and the 4000 combo.

Thanks in advance

Lee

Lee

It'll do the job, but it looks to be on the heavy side, especially if you want to use SP's but OK if you are using good old zeniths.

Realistically, apart from a double figure Pollock, a lighter outfit will handle anything the UK can offer lure fishing. It'll also be a lot more fun to use.

Comment

I've got the old model 10-40g xlnt and I love it. I found anything under 14g doesn't really bend the rod enough to put it out very far but it will blast a 40g dexter and anything between.

As said above 20-60 might be too heavy. I think my heaviest SP are only 25g if this helps.
      All the gear, no idea.

Comment

Cheers lads thanks for the input

Ended up going for the XLNT 2 15-40g & the Exage 4000 fd, maybe look for really light rod down the line for the SP's.

regards

Lee

Comment

Something around 9 and a half ft, casting 5 to 28g will cover you for pretty much anything

Comment

Working...
          X