Recommend A Good Spinning Reel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend A Good Spinning Reel?

I'm looking for a new, better quality spinning reel for lrf/lures/float etc. I'm using an old Shimano alivio 4000 at the minute but its a bit rough and poor quality and I'd like something more of the quality and function of my Surfblaster, though ideally no more than about £50.

Any recommendations, based on actual ownership please?

cheers

Steve

Have a look at penn persuit mk11 spinning reel 4000 looks a nice piece of kit for £50 at Glasgow angling might get one for me self

Comment

Diawa procaster, cheap, smooth, pretty good drag, just give them a quick rinse if they get a dunking/spray and they keep on going.

Comment

The compact shape of the Procasters belies their speedy crank rate and winding power. Enhanced by the presence of Digigear and 7BB in each model also f

Comment

Shimano Exage, brilliant little reel for the money, approx £60

Comment

Ended up going for a Penn Spinfisher SSV 4500 FD, built to last, made for the job (sea water resistant seals) and while not cheap, not ridiculously priced either.If it's half as good, quality wise, as my Surfblaster 7000, I'll be happy enough

I'm waiting for it coming, as when I phoned around, there were very few available locally ( I think it was only "NETS" who actually had one in but I couldn't get over there), although most dealers I spoke to said they could get one within a week.

I've now got to decide whether to invest in some, more expensive braid, or just stick with the chinese stuff! I've noticed that the really cheap stuff makes a hell of a racket coming through the rod rings and bail roller when you wind in (at least compared to some "Matt Hayes" stuff I tried) and can't help thinking it's possibly damaging my gear.

Cheers

Steve
            Last edited by Paddlesac; 06-08-2015, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Well it finally arrived today.

Beautiful to look at and seems very nicely made. No slop or wobble, if a bit heavy! (not too worried about that)

Just got to see how I get on with it now

I'll keep you posted

Steve

Comment

Working...
              X