North East bass on lures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North East bass on lures?

After getting a few bass on bait over the past two years I decided to try and get them on lures this year....spent a small fortune on hard plastics and I’ve put about 30hrs in since April but not a sniff.

I know it’s still early in the year and I will keep at it but it’s starting to feel like it could be fruitless. Ive tried the surf beaches where I’ve had them on bait, also been trying a few rock/skeer marks between blyth and amble.

Anyone up here catching them? Or is there even anyone else trying?
    Last edited by andyco; 02-06-2018, 07:48 PM.
    Ron Thompson Axellerator 13’ - Penn Spinfisher 7500
    Daiwa Seahunter Z Spin 10’ - Penn Battle II 4000
    Savage Gear Bushwhacker 8’ - Shimano Ultegra 2500

FLOUNDER, SEA SCORPION, COLEY, MACKEREL, LAUNCE, WEEVER, SHORE ROCKLING, POLLOCK, BLENNY, DAB, WHITING, COD, 5B ROCKLING, PLAICE, DRAGONET, EELPOUT, COMMON EEL, THORNBACK RAY, BALLAN WRASSE, CORKWING WRASSE, TOPE, GREY GURNARD, DOGFISH, TADPOLE FISH, TURBOT, SMOOTHOUND, BASS

Update - got one today!

FLOUNDER, SEA SCORPION, COLEY, MACKEREL, LAUNCE, WEEVER, SHORE ROCKLING, POLLOCK, BLENNY, DAB, WHITING, COD, 5B ROCKLING, PLAICE, DRAGONET, EELPOUT, COMMON EEL, THORNBACK RAY, BALLAN WRASSE, CORKWING WRASSE, TOPE, GREY GURNARD, DOGFISH, TADPOLE FISH, TURBOT, SMOOTHOUND, BASS

Comment

Well done, persistence paid off. Any pictures?

Comment

Originally posted by Kev1n View Post
        Well done, persistence paid off. Any pictures?
        Cheers, it did!

Unfortunately not... I had a bit of a mare - the fish got tangled in my line when I was unhooking it (I’m a novice with trebles!), took a while to sort it out so decided to hold it in the water to keep it alive before taking any pics and the rat escaped. I’ll be back in a few days, hopefully get it again!

Comment

nice one mate, good luck on the quest

Comment

Originally posted by andyco View Post
            Update - got one today!

Well done mate, good to see you get one over here.

I know that there are fish to be had on lures on the NE coast, I know a couple of lads who get them regularly). I've never had the time to have a go previously but going to give it a bash this year.
            Davy

Comment

Originally posted by Davyred View Post
              Well done mate, good to see you get one over here.

I know that there are fish to be had on lures on the NE coast, I know a couple of lads who get them regularly). I've never had the time to have a go previously but going to give it a bash this year.
              Andys had a couple now Davy, think he has cracked it
              "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
              PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Working...
              X