south west Scotland on the lure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• south west Scotland on the lure

Morning lads this is my first post on nesa thought I'd share a wee experience of late
    Took a wee trip to Kirkcudbright shire middle of august in search of bass on the lure
    Not a stranger to the solway or angling in general multi discipline and species
    So anyway 3 nights in the borgue area which really was a first tides were decent coinciding the push to dusk low water plugs n metal chucking was the order ..
    Just a wee point I'd like to make when trying out new marks going with the norm low water coinciding with dusk or early dawn yes this is the basis on which most newbies maybe base there tactics including me however what I found is in less than half mile a mark that fishes down to low water then stops dead and a few hundred yards left or right can be the complete opposite fishing the flood up even to hw
    We fished the estuary at Kirkcudbright down to low water then dusk before heading bk to base a wee place near borgue .some of the lads on here will probably know it well
    I met a lad who was from Newcastle area I think didn't get his name he was staying at the same place as us and he fished a mark in the area the night wee went over to the dee he caught a crack in fish one of three I think and sure said he was a nesa member
    If your out there lad give us a shout
    Well pressing on I only managed a gurnard and one mack but did connect twice to something with a bit of backbone to it losing the second fish I put around 5,6lb right at my feet this was broad daylight well into the flood on tuned prey 110 didn't see a fish after that
    I'll post a wee photo or TWA when a get the computer up
    So sw Scotland defo worth a flick with the lure which is increasingly my method of choice these days any lads feel free to comment but please dinnae be rude and ask for mark locations on the open pages any you fish the area feel free to share experiences
    Will be going down again afore end of month..
    Dave
    Those who race through life usually finish first

Any help for uploading photos cannae get a grip eh it

Comment

[ATTACH]12418[/ATTACH]

Comment

Think might have sussed it bare with it fellas

Comment

[ATTACH]12419[/ATTACH]

Comment

My lure bag

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1441631521211.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	1523931

Comment

Appologies lads for photos in catch reports just finding my feet

Comment

Sw Scotland is a stunning place to visit and fish , well done for getting out there and giving it a go , shame about the lost fish ,

Comment

think you need a bigger shed.

Originally posted by sammy talbot View Post
                  Sw Scotland is a stunning place to visit and fish , well done for getting out there and giving it a go , shame about the lost fish ,
                  .nice read,hard lines on the lost fish.saying as borgues only a small area.wouldent of thought it hard to find your fishing spot,{thanks to photos}.LOL.

Comment

Thats not borgue brother lol im not that reckless

Comment

Canny lure collection! Enjoyed your report and pics.

Comment

Got tubs full of lures n spinners no particular fave lol they all got there merits

Comment

Working...
                        X