Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

St Mary's - turn right and paddle out a bit ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St Mary's - turn right and paddle out a bit ;)

So, a few hundreds yards east of St Mary's island:

7 pounds and change and went like the clappers on light gear - I'm using a 20-60g Shimano Vengeance bass rod, and old (classic ) Abu multiplier loaded with thin 30lb braid to a swivel, and about three feet of 20lb mono trace to a weighted 5" sandeel lure.

Sadly I had to kill it - I couldn't even see the lure it had gone down so far

Two days earlier I took this lovely 12 pounder on the same rig and it had me all over the place for bloody ages before I got it onto the kayak

Took me ages to calm down...

That's a cracking pollock, well done. You're making the most of your new 'yak.

Comment

Thanks - I was actually pretty chuffed with the 3 1/2 pound cod and then that bloody great pollack hit like a steam train.

There was no stopping it

Wish I'd got into this years ago...

I bought a Prowler 13 first and then a Tootega Pulse 95 - I've not had the Prowler out since buying the Tootega. That will probably change as the weather and seas change but, for now, I'm enjoying the smaller, lighter boat a lot.

My daughter is 10 has the Pulse 85 (had to be done) and we have great fun surfing the waves on Longsands in them

Comment

Nice fish, well done. I got myself a yak recently and been out a couple of times trying to get some confidence. been tipped a couple of times by waves catching me sideways, never seem to be able to turn into them quick enough lol. At the moment I think I would be pretty scared to hook into a pollock like that.

Jonny
        PB Ling 14.5lb (AUG 2013 Stingray)

Comment

Some cracking fish there mate, nothing scraps like a good size Pollock, well done.

Comment

Working...
          X