Savagear XLNT 8ft (243cm) 10-40g - 2 Section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Savagear XLNT 8ft (243cm) 10-40g - 2 Section

Ive been using this rod for 2 years now and i've got to say i love it. I use it for all my lure fishing including LRF and its never let me down. Here's the manufactures blurb

The Savage Gear Bushwhacker XLNT rods are built on super responsive high modulud carbon fibre blanks, using the very latest technology - ensuring ultra fast and strong rods with incredible lightness. The combination of Portuguese AAA cork and hard Japenese EVA to suit Fuji's gold label reel seats make these rods stand out from the crowd. The Bushwhacker XLNT has been designed from butt cap to tip with the input of some of Europe's most high profiled predator anglers.

Fuji gold label reel seat
    Premium quality SIC guides
    Quality Japenese hard EVA handles combined with Portuguese AAA cork
    High modulus carbon fibre blanks
    Spiral pattern varnish
    Spigot joints
    Deluxe rod bag

Click image for larger version

Name:	SGXLNT.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	1528823

Now i dont know about "super responsive high modulud carbon fibre blanks", but what i do know is, i can not only chuck a lure a long way with it but the bite detection and the feel when a fish is on is fantastic and most importantly its light enough that i can fish with it all day without having arms like Garth.
    Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
    http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
    http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Phil, i fish from a kayak and have been looking to fish more with lures having had a lot of success this year with pollock and cod however i believe by adopting the methods,tackle used by lrf/hrf anglers i will catch a lot more species on lures. Having said that this season i have 16 local species on my tally caught on bait so it would be interesting and more sporting to adapt to new techniques.

the rod you recommend looks ideal for yak fishing lures however the reel to match would get dunked quite a lot ,what would you recommend...........cheers......Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by dt1 View Post
      Phil, i fish from a kayak and have been looking to fish more with lures having had a lot of success this year with pollock and cod however i believe by adopting the methods,tackle used by lrf/hrf anglers i will catch a lot more species on lures. Having said that this season i have 16 local species on my tally caught on bait so it would be interesting and more sporting to adapt to new techniques.

the rod you recommend looks ideal for yak fishing lures however the reel to match would get dunked quite a lot ,what would you recommend...........cheers......Dave.
      Dave,

I should be picking up a kayak in the next few weeks and ill be using my Savagear rod, at the moment i'm using a Okuma High Speed Trio 30 from the shore and ive been very impressed. But i have not really got it wet alot so how well it will fare on a Kayak i dont know. I will however be using mine on the kayak i think it should be ok if i give it a rinse every now and then.
      Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
      http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
      http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Comment

Thanks for the reply Phill, some good lads over your way Jeff and Ian who often come to the light side to fish with us, see the lets meet section in anglers afloat there is a christmas meet planned ,be nice to meet you............Dave.

Comment

I've also heard very good things about these rods on another forum. A lot of the guys on there seem to have them as second rods. Not a bad back-up when they are dropping >£500 on their first choice Japanese wands. Cracking value for money.

Comment

Working...
          X