Penn Sargus 5000 or 6000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penn Sargus 5000 or 6000

Hi! I am thinking of buying a Penn Sargus for my 11ft 9in 2-3oz bass rod and will be using 20 or 30lb braid.
    Which size do you think I should get ,as I haven't actually held them to feel the size and weight difference?

Ive got a shimano alivio 6000 size which is bang on size for rod length your using :-)

Comment

Cheers!!

Comment

I had the Fierce 6000 on my 11'6" bass rod, it was a little bit too big and heavy, the 5000 would have been better. (Don't know about the Sargus, but the Fierce is fairly big, bigger than an equivalent Shimano)

I've now got the Fierce 4000 on my 8' rod and it's spot on (I've got a 5000 Shimano Exage and it's about the same size as the 4000 Penn).

The Fierce's are good quality reels, so I imagine the Sargus will be really good

Fierce 6000, Exage 5000, Fierce 4000
        Last edited by andyco; 01-07-2014, 10:19 PM.
        Ron Thompson Axellerator 13’ - Penn Spinfisher 7500
        Daiwa Seahunter Z Spin 10’ - Penn Battle II 4000
        Savage Gear Bushwhacker 8’ - Shimano Ultegra 2500

FLOUNDER, SEA SCORPION, COLEY, MACKEREL, LAUNCE, WEEVER, SHORE ROCKLING, POLLOCK, BLENNY, DAB, WHITING, COD, 5B ROCKLING, PLAICE, DRAGONET, EELPOUT, COMMON EEL, THORNBACK RAY, BALLAN WRASSE, CORKWING WRASSE, TOPE, GREY GURNARD, DOGFISH, TADPOLE FISH, TURBOT, SMOOTHOUND, BASS

Comment

Plumped for the 5000 because of the weight and because it was for my bass rod and the reel seat is made for a multiplier. Just as well as the reel foot is just the right size for the reel seat, the 6000 may have been a bit too big. The reel is solid and will definatly cope with anything I am likely to hook on the outfit. Can't wait to use it!

Comment

Working...
          X