Braid line .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braid line .

What's the best braid to buy. Looking at spider wire smooth at 20lb but any advice be appreciated .

I started out with Chinese spectre braid off eBay which was fine but I now use diawa J braid or Spiderwire. They are good solid lines. You can get thinner braids for the same breaking strains but they are more expensive. I think the diawa and spiderwire is a good 'middle ground'.
    "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
    PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Originally posted by Juliogeordio View Post
      I started out with Chinese spectre braid off eBay which was fine but I now use diawa J braid or Spiderwire. They are good solid lines. You can get thinner braids for the same breaking strains but they are more expensive. I think the diawa and spiderwire is a good 'middle ground'.
      use the daiwa J-braid myself excellent line
      spectra braid for the price does the job
      consett warlord retired

Comment

braid.

Cant fault the chinese spectre.thats all ive ever used mind.
        no doubt theres much better braid to buy.
        but as said im well pleased with the spectre.{JUST MY OPINION MIND}..

Comment

I use Diawa j braid for float fishing and berkley whiplash for my lures. 30lb is only 0.1mm so it flies off the reel.
          All the gear, no idea.

Comment

Cheers lads that will do al have a look at spider wire ,whiplash j-braid see what one a like .

Comment

What weight rod you buying?
              All the gear, no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by regpude View Post
                Cant fault the chinese spectre.thats all ive ever used mind.
                no doubt theres much better braid to buy.
                but as said im well pleased with the spectre.{JUST MY OPINION MIND}..
                Totally agree 🎣🎣🎣🐟🐟

Comment

Going for the 15-40 m8

Comment

15-40g bushwacker? That's the same as ive got. My smallest lures are 10g and it will throw them fine. Most lure fishing is fairly close in mate so huge distances are not important. I doubt you would need to chuck a lure beyond 30yds on most marks. Most pollock I've taken have literally been almost down the side!

Did you decide on the braid?

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

bushwacker.
                      think you mean
                      Ibirdman,lol..

Comment

Originally posted by regpude View Post
                        bushwacker.
                        think you mean
                        Ibirdman,lol..
                        Nah mate, he was after a rod as well and 15-40g is the casting weight of one of the bushwacker rods he was looking at so with him mentioning 15-40 I was asking if he meant the rod! I think he mentioned 15-40 in answer to Andys question about what rod he was getting!!
                        Last edited by Juliogeordio; 21-07-2017, 09:34 AM.

PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Originally posted by lbirdman View Post
                          Going for the 15-40 m8

Good choice mate. I wouldn't go over 30lb braid. Anything over that will drag too much. The fish are sometimes close in but you will be surprised how long a pollock will follow a lure before deciding to take it so the extra distance can help save the day.
                          All the gear, no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Juliogeordio View Post
                            15-40g bushwacker? That's the same as ive got. My smallest lures are 10g and it will throw them fine. Most lure fishing is fairly close in mate so huge distances are not important. I doubt you would need to chuck a lure beyond 30yds on most marks. Most pollock I've taken have literally been almost down the side!

Did you decide on the braid?

That's will do for me . Going with the 20lb spider wire m8 , can't wait to get home now and get out . 14 more to do .

Comment

Originally posted by lbirdman View Post
                              That's will do for me . Going with the 20lb spider wire m8 , can't wait to get home now and get out . 14 more to do .
                              I've got 20lb spiderwire and 20lb j braid on my spinning spools mate. Good choice

PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Working...
                              X