No announcement yet.

I really need your support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all - sorry I've been a bit quiet, just got back off holiday. Thanks to those who have already contacted NIFCA - tomorrow is the last day to reply so if you're still planning to then do it sharpish.

E-mail address is nifca@nifca.gov.uk.

Prepared speech is:

"As a user of the NESA website I wish to register my opposition to any measures that will unfairly penalise me as a Recreational Sea Angler, relative to other users of our coastal environment. In particular I would wish to see fair play with regard to seagrass areas, I demand the right to continue to explore under boulder communities and the right to roam in order to fish."

Comment

This is the reply I received

Thank you for your email regarding the above. I am grateful for your interest in the work we are doing and particularly our proposed seagrass protection byelaw.

Regarding what you say in your email, I would say on behalf of Northumberland IFCA that the byelaw does not penalise sea anglers unfairly. It is intended to protect features, which IFCAs are required to do under the Habitats Directive and Defra led EMS Revised Approach. The byelaw does not affect either the right to continue to explore under boulder communities or the right to roam in order to fish, as long as there is no contact with seagrass as referred to in the byelaw.

I hope that the above is helpful and we will continue to put information on the Northumberland IFCA website.

Yours sincerely
      M.H. Hardy

M.H. Hardy LLB, Chief Executive
      Northumberland Inshore Fisheries & Conservation Authority

Comment

Had my individual reply from Mike Hardy yesterday. I think it's only right that it's contents aren't made public but I've got to say chaps that we've really made an impact on the NIFCA board and we are now, I believe, seen as stakeholders in future policy making. Thank you all very much. This is now on the NIFCA website and it's a chance for us to reinforce our views:

"STOP PRESS
        The Authority will hold an Extraordinary General Meeting at County Hall in Morpeth on 15th November next at 11 o’clock for final consideration by members of the byelaws referred to above. This meeting also provides the latest opportunity for stakeholders to attend and discuss the position with us as we move towards in the fulfilment of this important task. No invitation is necessary BUT COULD YOU PLEASE INFORM THE AUTHORITY OFFICE IF YOU DO INTEND TO ATTEND.
        Please also see the Authority website including our previous newsletter and Information Sheets 1 to 4 for further information or telephone the Authority Office".

I feel slightly embarrased asking anglers to attend a meeting I can't make myself and I know it's in the day and on a work day but it would be good if some of us could go. I'll leave it at that.

This also showed itself:

"AMBER and GREEN risks
        The Authority has commenced its work in relation to the above which has to be completed by 2016. This is a major task with many risks and sites to be assessed. We will issue further information regarding this to Stakeholders in the next month".

This may be where the real battles are fought. Will copy this into the Strategy thread and keep chipping away as and when I know more. Once again, thanks for your support.

Comment

I got my reply, the same as the one quoted by endurothumpers, the other day.

I have to say; I'm both surprised and puzzled by the poor response from the members of this forum to this issue.

Unless of course a load of the members have joined in but kept it quiet for some reason

best wishes

Steve

Comment

Keep up the good work very worthwhe

Comment

Working...
            X