Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best weather to fish North east beaches.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best weather to fish North east beaches.

Evening guys.

I've fished the river tyne for many years and also like a session on the pier in the winter but i struggle on the beaches, mainly shields beach. i have the gear and i have the cast but i always struggle to read the conditions. every time i seem to fish the beach its too rough. i wonder if any one could help me read the winds or what conditions i should be fishing the beaches, what direction of wind should i avoid and what speed.
    any tips would be much appreciated.

steve.

Try the big beach around a .8 to just over a meter. Fish a couple down to bottom and a couple up. Nice bit surf on, northerly was always better than a southerly or south easterly. Good lugworm for best results. Had cod to 6lb. I ain’t fished it for a few year. Fished in front of the crabshack pub Coleman’s restaurant. Get the odd bass.

Hope this helps enjoy
    Beat them in their own back yard

Comment

Cheers mate, i will give it ago at some point. Nothing to lose.

Comment

It don’t get mentioned much the big beach at shields.
        Ive heard more and more reports of bass coming from the south end.

I always hit the beaches north of the Tyne. More popular by word of mouth. And in my experience, that tells a story.
        GET OUT THERE AND STICK A BAIT IN IT !!!

Comment

dont seem to be doing much wrong.
          try a couple of lobs {with ragworms},in the rougher conditions,should be as mentioned some bass about.
          good luck.

Comment

Thanks for the responses lads.
            DEFO going to give the big beach a few sessions this winter.

Comment

Fished the big beach last night great session and a new PB 8lb 1oz
              fish every cast, colefish, whiting and flounder.

Comment

Working...
              X