X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IANG
    replied
    fish stocks

Well said that man fish stocks will continue to take a hammering until fishermen stop killing the young undersize fish change the size of mesh used in nets to allow undersize fish to escape to grow for another day.its not in the hands of politicians its in your own greedy hands.

Leave a comment:

• regpude
    replied
    ita a NO NO.

Originally posted by MickMcC View Post
    Very interesting to see the content of replies to my post. The majority appear to be against what I have said which I do find surprising. The logical conclusion from that would indicate that most people are happy with things as they are at the moment and don't want any change as both labour and Con / Dem governments over the last 20 years have done nothing to change anything. Voting for the same old 3 parties won't change a thing.

So why do so many anglers complain about EU fishing fleets and the lack of fish around our coast if the majority are happy with things as they are...?

Iceland very aggressively protects its fish stocks and have fantastic resources of fish, why can we not see that and do something similar..?
    Unfortunately Labour, Conservatives and LibDems never have and never will.
    .sorry but you can stick UKIP up where the sun doesent shine.personaly think EOD,your post was a waste of our time.our fishing industrey has been knackered for years now.gone are the good times.{GREED}.all countrys are to blame.fishing situations can @ WILL only get worst,just look at the scottish lochs.

Leave a comment:

• kayos
    replied
    ?
    Last edited by kayos; 19-02-2017, 01:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MickMcC
    replied
    Very interesting to see the content of replies to my post. The majority appear to be against what I have said which I do find surprising. The logical conclusion from that would indicate that most people are happy with things as they are at the moment and don't want any change as both labour and Con / Dem governments over the last 20 years have done nothing to change anything. Voting for the same old 3 parties won't change a thing.

So why do so many anglers complain about EU fishing fleets and the lack of fish around our coast if the majority are happy with things as they are...?

Iceland very aggressively protects its fish stocks and have fantastic resources of fish, why can we not see that and do something similar..?
    Unfortunately Labour, Conservatives and LibDems never have and never will.

Leave a comment:

• Chiefwigum
    replied
    Whilst UKIP might be good for fishing they would be bad, very, very bad for most other things.

No way would i ever vote for such a right wing bunch.

Leave a comment:

• alcaucin
    replied
    so does this registering of uk boats by Spanish / French only allowed because they are eu members or can any country do it.If it is only or members , will it cease at brexit? I can remember the Russian factory ships in the 80's wiping out the mackerel on the west coast of Scotland and was it them who were guilty of all but destroying the cod stocks there? or was it someone or something else? . I remember the club I was in used to travel to the kyles of bute to fish for big cod and jumbo haddock in the 70's , you would be lucky to catch a cod at all there now. How can you control the fishing around your own coast if it is being fished by foreigners, you only have to look to the med to see what will eventually happen or even to the east coast of Canada where cod fishing was totally wiped out by indiscriminate use of trawl nets that totally destroyed the ecosystem there and it has never recovered and probably never will. We have recent history to warn us of the dangers we face if we cannot or will not control what is happening on our doorstep , Hopefully the quota system will save the day but it has been such a bad year for cod it makes we wonder what's gone wrong.

Leave a comment:

• The Doctor
    replied
    Farage? UKIP? Total crap? Thanks very much. Read this. Like I said it goes back to The Early eighties back to the Traitor Thatcher and Co. The Traitor Thatcher betrayed British fishermen. HMG would not buy the licenses off them nor give them any compensation to scrap their boats. How do I know? I was there mate. That's how I know.

Here is a couple of paragraphs from the article.

Everyone agrees that too many European boats are chasing too few fish. Britain, along with other EU states, has agreed three Europe-wide programmes to pay off fishermen and scrap their boats. But the British Government refused at first to fund its share (30 per cent) of the compensation, so for many years the scheme was not available to British fishermen.

Why not? The Treasury blocked the scheme because it would have reduced the annual UK budget rebate from Brussels. Whatever the EU spent on paying off British boats would be deducted from the celebrated Thatcher cash- back scheme, which reduces Britain's net budget deficit with the EU. The Government preferred to spend both its money, and the EU money, in other ways. Fisheries were not a priority.

This is complex but it is vital to an understanding of quota-hoppers. In the early Eighties, there were a couple of dozen. Their numbers exploded during the decade. Why? Because British trawler owners sold their boats to the Spanish and Dutch. Or in some cases they sold them to British brokers, who sold them to the Spanish and Dutch. Why? Because they were offering the best price.
    Last edited by The Doctor; 18-02-2017, 06:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• alcaucin
    replied
    I suppose it's easy to be over patriotic and think that us brits are the only ones playing by the rules when in fact we have probably had a hand in causing a lot of the troubles around the world by interfering and bribes and other shady deals. There again , the meek won't inherit the earth.

Leave a comment:

• regpude
    replied
    makes alot of sence that reply.good 1 to get your hundereth post up..

Leave a comment:

• InCodweTrust
    replied
    UKIP Protecting British Fisheries?????

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
    The traitors* would not compensate them nor buy their licenses off them. The traitors* should have bought the licenses and torn them up ...

traitors*? = The UK government = Thatcher and Co at the time.
    UKIP...Total Crap...Mr Farage who sat on the EU fisheries committee, and didn't attend a single meeting of said committee for over 2 years....He is a Snake Oil salesman whose backers have a very dangerous agenda.
    Look at his real backers....some of the most dodgy wheeler s and dealers out there...people who will outsource any anything to any part of the world where they can make the most profit, without any care for the UK, or UK Jobs, they purport to support so vehemently.
    I saw three profitable companies, move abroad, costing me my job, just to maximise their margins....British people sold of British Technology, and British jobs!
    Before we start blaming all the Europeans for fishing's ill's...we should remember it wasn't that long ago there were massive fines imposed on several British fish processing plants who were processing 1000's of tons of illegally caught fish, which weren't caught by foreign boats.
    Boats quotas were sold to the highest bidder...they could have been green with three tits, if the price was right !
    British commercial fishing is far from clean in the demise of the industry !
    UKIP will tell you anything that will get them power...and when they have power..... we will regret it!

Leave a comment:

• The Doctor
    replied
    Originally posted by kayos View Post
    How were they forced!!??
    The traitors* would not compensate them nor buy their licenses off them. The traitors* should have bought the licenses and torn them up ...

traitors*? = The UK government = Thatcher and Co at the time.

Leave a comment:

• saltysam
    replied
    Originally posted by kayos View Post
    How were they forced!!??
    Forced by the ways of pushing them into catch size quota's that only apply to British fishermen and having to throw away by-catch forced into tying up for a number of days per year when the fishing is good then trying to go a make up for lost time when times fall hard forced into taking low prices for fish as there is to much fish from foreign boats flooding the markets the list go's could on this comes from experiences that I have seen from when I used to fish commercially ---some things might have changed now ? but all in all we are going to be shafted by the government only time will tell Is the sea over fished? YES but not buy the British
    Last edited by saltysam; 18-02-2017, 01:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• kayos
    replied
    Originally posted by LiamNE View Post
    Forced is the wrong word...
    Might have been better phased; left with little choice

Anyway don't worry about Brexit, I see this morning Tony Blair is going to stop it all
    I'd be ecstatic to sell my business for millions of pounds! I do worry about Brexit, but Tony Blair, (war criminal), we are all doomed now for sure!

And don't get me started on Trump - I'm so glad I am not a youngster trying to start out in life!

Leave a comment:

• LiamNE
    replied
    Originally posted by saltysam View Post
    Also most of the British fishermen were forced into selling the boats "business" to new foreign owners granting them actress to British fishing grounds and then shipping the moneys and fish abroad some sending foreign crew here ----will we take our grounds back????? NO-- will we see I fishing licence YES will we see extra access to parts of the coast --NO The only difference that I can see will happen with this bexit will be on paper and nothing will change
    Forced is the wrong word...
    Might have been better phased; left with little choice

Anyway don't worry about Brexit, I see this morning Tony Blair is going to stop it all

Leave a comment:

• Davey1970
    replied
    a don't think it matter's who's in force.
    there all ben't and don't give a toss about the average working class.
    just my opinion.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X