X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juliogeordio
    replied
    Originally posted by Chiefwigum View Post
    Nope braid main line coming off the spool faster than nylon leader causing tangles on the rings and crack offs. Leader line is fine when used with mono main line.
    Used it for a while now, no tangles and no crack offs mate. Maybe I just got a good batch!

Leave a comment:

• Chiefwigum
    replied
    Originally posted by Juliogeordio View Post
    Don't remember the last time I cracked off with the mono leader mate. Bad batch of leader line?

Nope braid main line coming off the spool faster than nylon leader causing tangles on the rings and crack offs. Leader line is fine when used with mono main line.

Leave a comment:

• Juliogeordio
    replied
    Yes it will be fine with braid but with a mono leader you will crack off lots. I have been there and done that. Its never an issue since i started using a braid leader.
    Don't remember the last time I cracked off with the mono leader mate. Bad batch of leader line?

Leave a comment:

• Chiefwigum
    replied
    Originally posted by lbirdman View Post
    Fishing now with 80lb braid leader no problems upto now cheers
    Yes it will be fine with braid but with a mono leader you will crack off lots. I have been there and done that. Its never an issue since i started using a braid leader.

Leave a comment:

• lbirdman
    replied
    You will crack off, quite often.

Fishing now with 80lb braid leader no problems upto now cheers

Leave a comment:

• Chiefwigum
    replied
    Originally posted by lbirdman View Post
    Am heading down river today for few casts see how I get on with a 80lb mono leader , I have no heavy braid at the moment but when a get some al try that to see what's best for how I cast . Cheers

You will crack off, quite often.

Leave a comment:

• lbirdman
    replied
    Am heading down river today for few casts see how I get on with a 80lb mono leader , I have no heavy braid at the moment but when a get some al try that to see what's best for how I cast . Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Juliogeordio
    replied
    I have a mono leader mate, 80lb and I have no issues at all. In fact I find it helps to cushion the cast. With a braid leader I was bouncing my snoods out of bait clips as there is no stretch but the mono has helped quite a bit. There are pros and cons to both.

Leave a comment:

• tonybax
    replied
    dont use mono m8 as it is slower coming off the reel than braid and will cause no end of bother, i use 100lb braid leader on mine.

Leave a comment:

• lbirdman
    replied
    For 50lb braid main line what leader shall I use ? Thinking 80lb mono ? Any help appreciated

Leave a comment:

• lbirdman
    replied
    Sorted lads . Realised the rings are there for a reason lol 🤔

Leave a comment:

• lbirdman
    started a topic Penn spinfisher 7500

Penn spinfisher 7500

Just bought my first fixed spool reel and some 50lb spider wire braid , just wondering how much backing do I apply before spooling 300 yards of braid on the normal spool not the long cast . Cheers .
Working...
X