Old Whitley Festival flyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Whitley Festival flyer

Thanks to Dave Hayley for this one, I make it that this must be from about 40 years ago.....when turnout would be well over 1000 anglers fishing for stunning prizes!!
    Seriously though, back then people had the right idea, it was all about prestige!

Gary

....fishin' accomplished......

Whitley Bay Angling Society
    on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/whitleybayanglingsoc/

Originally posted by g-force View Post
    ... Seriously though, back then people had the right idea, it was all about prestige!
    Aye Gary. Them were the days and I know what you mean but where's the Prestige Washing Machine :O(

Comment

Come to think of it Gary if it was 40'ish years ago I might have fished it. I didn't have a TARDIS then but I might have got a lift.

Comment

some canny prices there in them days
        consett warlord retired

Comment

Back to the days when comps where comps with proper boundries

Comment

Originally posted by bandit View Post
            Aye, hundreds of anglers between Tynemouth and Blyth, just about every rock was taken....doesn't seem to appeal to folk these days with these "far as you can go on a tank of gas" boundaries!

Gary
            ....fishin' accomplished......

Whitley Bay Angling Society
            on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/whitleybayanglingsoc/

Comment

Takes me back. All the prizes donated in them days.
              P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Wonder how Mike felt about being one of the star prizes ?

Originally posted by bandit View Post
                Originally posted by g-force View Post
                Aye, hundreds of anglers between Tynemouth and Blyth, just about every rock was taken....doesn't seem to appeal to folk these days with these "far as you can go on a tank of gas" boundaries!

Gary
                Seaham Open was the same, end of Seaham Hall beach at The Caves in the north to Horden pipe in the south and it would be shoulder to shoulder all the way along. Record entry was 2002, regularly got 1500 plus in the late 1980's when I was involved on the committee. Happy days
                CLIP IT AND WHACK IT

Comment

great prizes back then i in my 40;s and sometime watch the old reruns of bullseye which i rember watching when i was a kid and my youngest kid who is just under 20 says while watching it call them prizes u must have all been desperate in them days they have no idea what stuff cost back then

Comment

prizes.

Originally posted by fishy View Post
                    great prizes back then i in my 40;s and sometime watch the old reruns of bullseye which i rember watching when i was a kid and my youngest kid who is just under 20 says while watching it call them prizes u must have all been desperate in them days they have no idea what stuff cost back then
                    .got to admit canny prizes back then.SPEED BOATS,CARS,WASHING MACHINES,them were the days.

Comment

Originally posted by regpude View Post
                      .got to admit canny prizes back then.SPEED BOATS,CARS,WASHING MACHINES,them were the days.
                      Aye Reg, remember Alec Harvey winning two cars in the Newcastle Brown Open back in the mid 1980's, winning prize on the Saturday and again on the Sunday
                      CLIP IT AND WHACK IT

Comment

Working...
                      X