S.A.C Eyemouth away day 17/6/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.A.C Eyemouth away day 17/6/18

Today we had 50 Anglers including 3 female members travel up to lovely Eyemouth for The Travel Shield on a nice calm day. Drop off was the Harbour with Anglers allowed to wander from there.
    Fishing started around 11am with Anglers having to be back at the Coach/weigh in for 16:30hrs
    Most of the elderly members chose the Harbour walls area to fish with the younger ones choosing the “Cannons” area.
    A handful also made their way to the back of the Golf Course area (a Camel ride) which included myself.
    Massy Biffetti was into fish from the start at the Cannons, which included a lot of undersize Codling and Coleys.
    Robbie Davison chose the rocks just right of the Harbour and landed a nice Codling taking him the HF prize for one at 3.7lb on Sandeel, but Massy took the bag prize for 6 fish for a total of 8.11lb.
    I even had a size Cod out from the South end of the Golf Course which I’m sure was about 20lb on landing it,but after the three day trek back to the weigh in, it only weighed 2lb.
    Disappointing no Pollock turned up but a local said that the big tide probably affected the fishing.
    Lovely day out but hard going.

RESULT.

1ST R.Davison Cod 3.7lb
    2ND M.Biffetti. Cod 3.4lb
    3RD J.Bate Wrasse 2.14lb

H/Bag M.Biffetti 6 fish 8.11lb
    2nd D.Buck. 3 fish 5.2lb
Working...
X