Seaham SAC East Newton Trip 22/07/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seaham SAC East Newton Trip 22/07/18

Today we had a party of 50 members which included 2 lady members down on the Humberside Coast at East Newton.
    Upon arrival we could see that it was going to be hard work when only the first 20m of sea had colour and the rest was like Gin, anyway the party made their way onto the beach and down the ramp nicely formed by the farmer.
    The only rules stipulated, were that Anglers could fish any part of the beach,as long as all fish caught were to be brought to the scalesman who was situated by the ramp and returned after measuring.
    Well if I could have painted the cliffs with paint,I would have sat and watched them dry.!!
    After what seemed like an eternity, the first fish was brought to the scales by Kevin Moeliker, a nice Smooth hound of 5lb 1oz which turned out to be the HF of the day.
    My fishing partner Massy Biffetti then came down with a smaller one at 2lb 5oz. These two fish had been caught to the left of the ramp around the concrete shelter area. I thought about joining them,and my mind was made up when Gary Pye came down with one for around 2lb.
    I could see that all three fish had been caught at distance, on the crab but it went from bad to worse. Only two more fish came out, another one each for Kevin and Gary ( I must have been casting over them)
    But a red hot day, on a nice location with little fish is still better than a good day at work!!!

RESULTS
    Top 3 HF Paces
    1st Kev Moeliker 5lb 1oz Smooth hound
    2nd Gary Pye 4lb 9oz Smooth hound
    3rd Kev Moeliker 3lb 2oz Smooth hound

Heaviest Bags
    1st Kev Moeliker 8lb 3oz
    2nd Gary Pye 6lb 9oz

Only 3 Anglers caught a fish, with only 5 fish caught in total. All Smooth hounds......
    Last edited by blackrat; 23-07-2018, 08:53 PM.
Working...
X