Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subject: 21/8 Bally Castle, N.Ireland. posted on 23/8/2004

Subject: 21/8 Bally Castle, N.Ireland.tich

posted on 23/8/2004 at 18:28 Spent a brilliant weekend in Belfast, loads of Guiness,Very little sleep and avery nice dats fishing, We drove to Bally Castle on sat morning a little worse for ware, had a big fry up then out to a point that was about 200ft down a cliff onto a small outcrop of rock with an old castle built on it,,,, we had 4 or 5 casts lost the lot on each cast I landed a rockling about 1lb a real dark kelpy red,, after leaving 1/2 a doz rigs on the bottom of the bay decided to float fish for pollock ,, something hit the bait and I lost my only float,,, had a dig about my tackle boz and found the cork out of a wine bottle so I bodged up a float using just the weight ot the sandeels to cast ,,Caught a beautiful pollock on it not very big another deep red kelpy colour, so my first pollock caught on sandeel on a light spinning rod with a bodged float,, a few more Pollock came in a coaly and a coupple of dogfishand one very small plaice on my last cast,, thought I had caught something much bigger the rod was bent double but I had foulhooked it ... Back to Belfast and took a little bit of Irish culture in,, well more than a little bit ,quite a lot of it at only £1.99 a pint it was'nt to bad,, had to be up early Sunday for the flight home We worked it out we had . 5.1/2 hours sleep over the weekend It was brill,, great place great people good crack canny pint not to bad a days fishing although we could have done a lot better with a little more time and slightley better tides,,
Working...
X