St Mary's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St Mary's

I fished from St Mary’s for a couple of hours after work tonight. The group of seal huggers were still there and have strung a chain across the steps down from the island, preventing access so I went around the other way to fish into Crisp’s gully from the corner of the island.
    As I was setting up an inquisitive seal swam across to see what was going on and at the same time one of the seal huggers started shouting that I couldn’t fish there. Angling is banned apparently. I suggested it wasn’t and asked if he was the one blocking public access. That went unanswered and instead he started waving his arms around like he was guiding planes in to the Ark Royal. There’s an irony with the seal hugger’s shouting and waving to complain about disturbing the seals.
    I’m going to contact North Tyneside Council tomorrow to complain about the blocked access.
    Anyway, fishing was hectic but all the fish were small and went back.

Just good to be out, a sized fish would've been a bonus. Those seal lovers are getting a real pain, not like you were going to do them any harm. I notice all the fish were small, which has been the same for us lately, but, what has struck me is the legal size for a codling, it's a disgrace, you wouldn't get a decent fillet from a "LEGAL SIZE" fish, surely this needs looking at. Anyway, sorry for going on one, thank's for the report, and good luck with the council. Davey.

Comment

did you phone the council kev1 if so what did they say.cheers

Comment

I've e-mailed but am having trouble with my e-mail now so cannot open it to check any reply.

Comment

Working...
        X