Tighnabruaich and the Buckie Boys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tighnabruaich and the Buckie Boys!

A glorious day greeted us as the alarm went off at 6am. We made the picnic and headed to McInroy's point, for the ferry to Hunter's Quay. It was a tad on the cilly side but we hoped it would warm up later.

Views from the ferry.

On the tricky 1 track road to Tighnabruaich we stopped at the head of Loch Striven for some photos.

We arrived at the pier at 845am and of course it was empty. We set up the rods, cracked out the camper chairs and cast out. It really was a lovely morning, sunny and no wind.

Lynn looking pensive!

To the fishing. The first half hour was pretty dead with Mark pulling in a small Pollock but no Mackerel for either of us. Then about an hour before the top of the tide they came on. Not like last week where it was literally a fish a cast, but every 3 or so casts we were catching and they were a better size than last week, they must have feasted on sprats! Another guy came and joined the fun. All in all it was a lovely couple of hours and by half eleven we decided to fillet the fish, wash our hands and sit down and have our lunch. We were looking out our food when we heard shouting from the road. On came the Buckie Boys! Nine guys, two carrying boxes of beer and two carrying a bottle of Buckfast each. Is there no escaping these cretins! A small village in the middle of nowhere and this bunch turn up. Not even midday and they are on the bevvy!

We looked at each other and packed up. The older guy said they were a fishing club(they looked like a drinking club to me!) and went all over Scotland. Unfortunately they picked Tighnabruaich yesterday!

Anyway, we had enough fish so we went for a drive to find a picnic spot and we took some photos.

Not much action on the Shinty field.

We headed towards Ardlamont Point and passed Carry Farm and spotted the gallery was open. We had a look round and then sat at the picnic table across the road.

It really was lovely and peaceful(unlike the pier) and we were careful to use our empty coke cans as ashtrays and put our rubbish in a bag and put it in the car. I asked Mark if we could take a run round the park to see what it looked like. It looks lovely.

As we headed back to the exit, a middle aged man walked towards the car and held his arm up. Mark stopped and the guy asked if we needed help. Mark said no, we were just having a wee look round. The guy then said he would appreciate it if we didn't drive on the grass. Mark said we hadn't but entitled guy was insistent. He then claimed we sat outside his house, ate our food and threw our cigarettes on the ground. Mark said we absolutely had not, but again he was insistent. By this time I was fed up with this idiot and called him a moron. To which he replied that I was very rude. I was rude ffs!

Give me the Buckie Boys over rich entitled cretins any day!

Anyway more relaxing and sightseeing than fishing, but I loved it. Probably our last trip of the summer and not what I was expecting, but it was very enjoyable.

A wee photo of Loch Tarson on the way home.

Last edited by kayos; 12-09-2020, 08:11 AM.
    2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

love the drink myself kayos but to be very honest didnt mix it with fishing yes before and after its one or the other i ran a fishing club both shore and boat met in our local booza to do a spot of night fishing down a local mark i warned a few of the lads knocking knocking the bevie back once down there no cummies home think 2 of them stayed in van then more frittered away bitta cold night die hards fished as we wer supposed to headed home 3amish that taught them a lesson in one or the other i wasnt the best of buddies for a while
    PS it might have been beta for yous if RAB C NESBIT AND JAMESY CARTER AND MARY DOLL WER WITH THE BUCKIE BOYS
    Last edited by bushwacker; 12-09-2020, 10:52 AM.
    KEEP AHAD LADS IF THINGS DONT CHANGE THEY WILL STAY THE SAME

Comment

Working...
    X