No Mackerel @ Warkworth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Mackerel @ Warkworth

had a few speculative casts with a spinner for Mackerel at Warkworth pier on Saturday afternoon with no luck. Conditions were perfect and water clarity was amazing. Did hook a few Launce and was lucky again to be visited by a large pod of dolphins. It might just be me but all the beaches only seem to be offering undersize flatties at the moment.

I think a boat trip is needed to find some keepers

Tight lines
    PB Ling 14.5lb (AUG 2013 Stingray)

Hopefully not too much longer to wait for the mackerel Jonny.

Alan Skinner on JFK2 reports he landed a couple this weekend, but he may have been a way offshore.

I'd like to hear if you do get any though, so keep posting!

Comment

Tried a few more casts last night same place with nothing taking spinner or feathers. Watching match tonight but will give it another go Saturday. Heard a rumour some lads caught a few mackerel a couple of weeks ago but think it may just be a fisherman's tale

Comment

Saturday same result. Did see a few more birds diving especially about half a mile out

Comment

Thanks for the update Jonny.

I could have been out today but the offer of a few pints on Fathers Day was too hard to ignore!

Comment

Sea looked ok this morning to be fair, had a quick walk along warkworth beach before heading home for a few Fathers day drinks of my own

Comment

Still none showing, locals reckon boats are struggling to find any.

Comment

Working...
              X