No announcement yet.

COMMENTS ON DAVIDS BOOK.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought it yesterday. Never new Tynemouth Beach could have so much fishing character!!

Reminds me of fishing with my Grandad when I was a lad.

Regards

Stu

Comment

• superb read

just got my copy and i cannot put it down. each mark is well documented and the photo's are excellent. when david talks about when he was young and walked along tynemouth sands with his ganny and also went with to buy fish at the fish quay tom sell door to door, its just shows us that there is a hell of a decline in the fish being caught now adays.
      this book is also full of info for the novice and young sea angler you can learn alot from this book without realising.an excellent read and full of info for marks you've never fished.

Comment

• Welcome to Nesa mate hope you enjoy ..nice write up good start

Comment

• Just bought a copy today from Frazers in Whitley...however I'm giving it to Santa to put in my stocking so I won't be opening it until Christmas Day

I look forward to it
          Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
          I AGREE

Comment

• FAO Wallsendo, read the one you have and tell santa you want another one to keep in the bathroom for when your in the the bath or on the netty! Ive read it cover to cover and cant wait to use it as a map again next summer.
            P.s just keep topping up the hot water!

Comment

• Got it, read it - thoroughly enjoyed it

A great insight into the area and very informative - going to have to spend a few hours up there in the summer I reckon...sorry David more "townies" LOL

Look forward to meeting you at the N v S
              Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
              I AGREE

Comment

• The pleasure will be mine.....................providing you catch a few fish lol.

Comment

• STORES: Just finished my copy (funny enough I kept it by the bog and thanks to the curries I managed to finish the book quickly) and only wish I knew where to go when I worked at Torness 22 yrs ago and rented a flat in Eyemouth. I did take my gear with me but kept blanking so gave up. The only place I caught fish was the beach to the right of Torness which was rife for coalies.

Thoroughly enjoyed the book, recognised place names and look forward to some summer days out. Cheers.
                  A bad days fishing is better than a good day at work.

Comment

• Fozz, I would imagine you are one of the majority who first read the book in similar situ. Hope most copies find their way to the rock ends. Thanks for the kind words.

Comment

• The Codling Crouch

David, Just wanted to add my congratulations on the book. I read it over the Christmas break and couldn't put it down. Look forward to the sequel! :-)
                      Stig

Comment

• Hi Steve,
                        Glad you made it on here eventually. It's quite possible someone on here will have an oil bath for sale. I'll keep a look out.
                        Glad you enjoyed the book.

Comment

• seemed like the obvious thing to do! (well, I got there eventually!)

Comment

• just another thank you from a satisfied customer bought a copy in fraizers & you have inspired me to take some trips up the road asap .once again thank you for sharing yours and the old mans knowledge & for some canny little stories. regards davey

Comment

• Originally posted by kela66 View Post
                              just another thank you from a satisfied customer bought a copy in fraizers & you have inspired me to take some trips up the road asap .once again thank you for sharing yours and the old mans knowledge & for some canny little stories. regards davey
                              You're welcome.

Comment

• this was one of the best fishing books i have ever read with details of excellent marks it will sure help me catch some better fish. excellent book recommended to any person who likes fishing no matter how good they are.

Comment

Working...
                                X