COMMENTS ON DAVIDS BOOK.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ozzy37 View Post
    anyone in newcastle got a copy of this I could buy?
    Originally posted by will90 View Post
    gonna get 1 myself mate, dont read much at all but like the sound of it
    Was just searching online, looks like Waterstones (they've got a massive branch next to Fenwicks near Greys Monument) will order it in for you.
    CLIP IT AND WHACK IT

Comment

• inspired

I've just purchased a copy of your book, and I just want to thank you for producing the best book I've ever read to do with fishing. Your stories in the book has inspired me to take my 8 year old out fishing for the first time properly this year. I live in south shields and was brought up on south shields pier by fellow angler bob Patterson who taught me and several other young ones how to fish and read marks (knowledge), I then got a bit older (13) and my mam use to drop me and my friends off at Mardsen beach thinking we were just fishing the beach, but little did she know we ventured on to all the rock marks around Souter lighthouse(really dangerous I know) but that is how I know how to fish those marks. We do go to st Abbs and Eyemouth and fished a few of the marks you have mentioned but not all, which I am going to venture and try them. Just thought I would share to you what your book reminds me of when I was a young lad (even tho am only 25 haha). I hope you will write a similar book in the near future as this book was a pleasure to read , hope to hear from you
      Can't Catch Yesterdays Fish

Comment

• Hi Ryan and thanks for your kind words. I believe we all need a father figure, regardless of who's father it is, to guide us through an understanding of the sea, especially on our beaches, and it's that grounding that keeps us in good stead throughout adulthood. We've both been lucky, Bob like my old man, knows his stuff. The thrill, as you say, is taking yourself out of your comfort zone and applying your knowledge on unfamiliar ground.

pm me before you go up and I'll help as much as I can (remember I'm 300 miles away). There's loads more marks than there are in the book so if you fancy somewhere just ask and I'll give whatever advice I can.

Comment

• such a great read and some of the mark's in it are amazing which will be getting fished in the future, as well as passing on 40 years of knowledge

Comment

• The Codling Crouch was a great read and is unique in that to the best of my knowledge is the first published account of the fishing marks around the NE coast. I found the book really enjoyable and informative and it was also very kind of Stores to share his family memories. The book is a great reference for fishing over the borders and around Tynemouth and I will certainly be looking back at it in the future! Cheers Stores!

Comment

• I'm still to purchase the book but will do soon enough. Have only heard great feedback
              PB SHORE COD 9LB 14oz seaton sluice 3/11/12
              PB BOAT COD 9lb 15oz
              PB COALIE 9lb 8oz
              PB LING 7lb 8oz

Comment

• Thanks for the comments lads. David, just to let you know the books remaining are down to two figures now - don't leave it another twelve months lol.

Comment

• Got my copy on order from waterstones it was sold out on amazon

Comment

• Bought this book a few weeks back and read it from front to back. Just moved to cullercoats and with the sea lifting can't wait to use the information I have gained for it.

Many thanks for a writing a great book

Comment

• Originally posted by Daz65 View Post
                      Got my copy on order from waterstones it was sold out on amazon
                      Sent one off on Wednesday morning Daz. Probably yours.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stores View Post
                        Sent one off on Wednesday morning Daz. Probably yours.
                        Looking forward to getting it mate

Comment

• Just got my copy today, will no doubt be finished before the weekend is out.

For those like me south of the Tyne who can't pick a copy up from a tackle shop, I went in to Waterstones to order a copy in and was quoted £17.50 Balls to that, I then went online to the Waterstones site to check and it was £9.99 including 2nd class delivery. Work that one out...
                          CLIP IT AND WHACK IT

Comment

• Received my copy yesterday, read it back to front in a few hours and what a truly enlightening insight into Davids relationship with his dad. It's something that I never had and wish that I did. A very touching recollection of events that are so close to a persons heart and with humour as well, not to mention the invaluable information on local marks on my doorstep as well as those around the borders which I have fished as well.

A lovely book and a nice read, thanks David.
                            Regards Nicky.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Comment

• Originally posted by topbanana View Post
                              Received my copy yesterday, read it back to front in a few hours and what a truly enlightening insight into Davids relationship with his dad. It's something that I never had and wish that I did. A very touching recollection of events that are so close to a persons heart and with humour as well, not to mention the invaluable information on local marks on my doorstep as well as those around the borders which I have fished as well.

A lovely book and a nice read, thanks David.
                              You're very welcome Nicky and thanks for your kind words.

Comment

• just read the book cover to cover on back shift @ work ( quiet night ) can't wait to get out and try some of the marks further north , great read and I'm sure I will be referring back to it time and again !

Comment

Working...
                                X