Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• outboard motor help

hi,
    i have a 25hp main outboard and a 5hp can i rig both up to one fuel line with one priming bulb??
    there both 4 stroke
    its so i dont have 2 tanks .
    so what i mean is putting a t joint above bulb and then going to both motors
    any one help.
    cheers all
    Last edited by weggo; 02-05-2012, 05:37 PM.

first of all let it be known i am not an expert

hoo ever, you are pushing fuel to two engines as i see it,im guessing one is a sparetherefor wasting what you have sent to the spare engine

personally i wouldnt run with one tank either,two smaller ones would be my choice

alsodont be offended i take it you carry spare fuel and a funnel,for transferring
    AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

the question iz does the 2 enjins both use the same mix ratio
      Panel Pin Champ

Comment

its 4stroke,dosent have mix
        AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Originally posted by codseeker View Post
          the question iz does the 2 enjins both use the same mix ratio
          there both 4 stroke ill be useing the 25 to get me out and the 5 moving around drifts both are on petrol only one will be running at one time,
          its to stop having to swap over all the time

Comment

Originally posted by lingking View Post
            first of all let it be known i am not an expert

hoo ever, you are pushing fuel to two engines as i see it,im guessing one is a sparetherefor wasting what you have sent to the spare engine

personally i wouldnt run with one tank either,two smaller ones would be my choice

alsodont be offended i take it you carry spare fuel and a funnel,for transferring
            thanks no not offended at all there are people that dont and rnli have to pull them out of the +++.
            i thought i would be possible to do to make it quicker than switching all the time

Comment

id go for two tanks,you should not need to prime every start
              AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

i carry 2 tanks and a spare primer bulb and tube as they ofter dry out and split if there the cheap rubber ones. itl just suck in air
                olso if petrol get contamanated some how both engeines wont work less chance of two ending up no good mate if ya use a small tank as a spare

Comment

Working...
                X