Pen 525 mag reel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pen 525 mag reel.

What`s the difference between USA and UK pen525 mag reels or are they the same . I want to get one but is there any one better than the other. Is the build and materials quality the same or is one better than the other. Which one is best.
    LOVE TO FISH, HATE TO BLANK. STAY AT HOME AND HAVE A BREAKFAST .....

Chineese

no not takeaway uk made the USA made pretty much bullett proof
    KEEP AHAD LADS IF THINGS DONT CHANGE THEY WILL STAY THE SAME

Comment

all of the new penn reels are made in china, the old 525 mags made in the usa are hard to find now in good used condition.
      penn moved a lot of there production products over to china rods and reels.
      I have two penn fathom 15 reels and they are excellent as long as you keep them clean like most tackle.
      I also had the new penn 525 mag 2 reel but I like the fathom better in my opinion
      consett warlord retired

Comment

I was just reading over on WSF this morning that Russ at Blakdog Tackle, who services & works on all kinds of reels, saying that the Mag 2's suffer from so many problems that he's considering not accepting any more for repairs....so they must be pretty terrible! The original USA ones were ok, although I was never a big fan & sold all mine. Worth noting that Penn switched production to China before the Mag 2 came out, and some of the old style 525's were made over there. The way to tell the difference is that the Chinese ones were fitted with a silver metal spool-release lever, not the original black plastic ones like on the USA made reels. I've seen a few of these advertised as "USA originals" but they're not - if it's got a metal lever it's a Chinese one (unless it was fitted later to replace a broken plastic one!) so be aware if you're shopping around second-hand.

Gary
        ....fishin' accomplished......

Whitley Bay Angling Society
        on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/whitleybayanglingsoc/

Comment

good advice there gary. dave.
          PB
          COD 21-15-0 Tynemouth pier R/M match
          COD 20-4-0 Sharpness, Tynemouth open
          Ballan Wrasse 5-6-0 Seahouses summer league
          Pollock 11-5-8 ST Abbs Spinning sandeel
          Dogfish 2-15-14 Tynemouth pier match R/M
          Coaly 3-5-8 Tynemouth pier match r/m
          Cod =, Coaly, Whiten, Dab, Flounder, Plaice, Gurnard, Weaver, Rockling, Pouting, Wrasse, Mackerel, Sea scorpion, all of tynemouth pier

Comment

Got a couple of the penn mag2 reels. The 515 and the 525. Had the 515 3yrs and the 525 2yrs. Not a single issue with either reel. Love the 515! Never seen or had any issues and would recommend them. Had a 525 USA previously and to be honest there was very little difference in reliability and preformance. They are very popular reels up and down the country mate... Often go second hand on here for a decent price
            "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
            PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Penn 525 reel

All my Penn 525s and 535 s are ancient and stamped made in USA on the foot plate

Comment

Working...
              X