Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rod build

in hands of solicitor,got a letter today from the court i won very happy
    Last edited by Huahin; 26-05-2016, 04:44 PM.

Sorry to hear that mate. that's the first time i have herd something negative about rossco. his work and service has always been first class when I have dealt with him

Comment

Rod build

in hands of solicitor
      Last edited by Huahin; 20-03-2016, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Well I've no axe to grind here, so allow me to state my opinion regarding this post. Firstly I have no connection to either party, never had any work done by Rossco but I have seen many examples of his work.

I cannot understand how anyone can complain about the size of the guides? If I was seeking a rebuild with any rod builder then I would ask for a certain type and size of ring, I would state how I would like the whippings done, what colour etc.etc. Then I would never complain afterwards if the size didn't work out.

As for grit in the varnish that the user polished out and waxed? C'mon FFS this is a highly respected builder we are talking about. This sort of post should never be aired in public when you are talking about someones reputation and business? Just my honest opinion.

Comment

rod build

Last edited by Huahin; 20-03-2016, 05:38 PM.

Comment

sale of goods act

If you don’t notice a problem straight away

It might not be obvious at the time that the work wasn’t done to a good standard, eg you hired a ‘man and van’ to help you move house and found a broken ornament 3 weeks later. You’re entitled to ask for things to be put right for:

up to 6 years in England, Wales and Northern Ireland
            up to 5 years in Scotland
            What to say or write

You might want to mention the law that deals with your rights in this situation. Choose the relevant law depending on when you gave the trader the go-ahead.

If you agreed the work before 1 October 2015, you can say:

“The Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 says that reasonable care and skill must be used while working.

In my opinion, you did not use reasonable care and skill when you carried out this work.

I want you to fix the problem/give me a price reduction.”

Comment

In my own personal opinion you would be laughed out of court. Your posts are full of conflicting statements - one minute you say you have just tried the rod out, next that you had the work done last summer?

You did not have the rod repaired as you stated - you had it rebuilt to your specification. You have sanded the rod down and removed any possible evidence as to 'grit in the varnish' Any lawyer would tear holes in your case.

C'mon, how can you complain after all this time? You should have PMed the builder immediately you received the rod and sorted it long ago.

Sort this out away from a public forum, for the sake of £50 - accept the builders offer to appease you - Just my honest opinion?

Comment

Also just noticed that you have edited Rosscos name out of your original post and now call him xxxx?

Very wise in my opinion. If this claim did in fact ever go to court then if I were xxxx I would counter claim for defamation of character and loss of potential earnings? As I said just my own opinion but myself I would tread carefully and try to sort this out offline as you appear to be having little sympathy? Best regards.

Comment

rod build

Originally posted by Cuthbert1993 View Post
                  Sorry to hear that mate. that's the first time i have herd something negative about rossco. his work and service has always been first class when I have dealt with him
                  Their was a small amount of grit which i polished out standard is now perfect. The only problem is a misunderstanding what was ordered Now sorted out with the help of citizens advice
                  Last edited by Huahin; 28-04-2016, 03:18 PM.

Comment

laughed out of court

Originally posted by rommy View Post
                    In my own personal opinion you would be laughed out of court. Your posts are full of conflicting statements - one minute you say you have just tried the rod out, next that you had the work done last summer?

You did not have the rod repaired as you stated - you had it rebuilt to your specification. You have sanded the rod down and removed any possible evidence as to 'grit in the varnish' Any lawyer would tear holes in your case.

C'mon, how can you complain after all this time? You should have PMed the builder immediately you received the rod and sorted it long ago.

Sort this out away from a public forum, for the sake of £50 - accept the builders offer to appease you - Just my honest opinion?
                    well it went to court i won with compensation delighted

Comment

Good news
                      www.tides4fishing.com http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/w...g#?tab=fiveDay

Comment

Originally posted by Huahin View Post
                        well it went to court i won with compensation delighted

How much compensation have you got?

Not how much you were awarded.... how much have you actually got?
                        in your hand? after expenses?
                        N.A.C.C.

Comment

What happened to the post where you stated that it was all a misunderstanding and that you polished it as good as new and was happy?

Comment

Originally posted by Huahin View Post
                            in hands of solicitor,got a letter today from the court i won very happy
                            This idiot as been laughed off the Whitby site. Complete utter toss-- :. and as dragged a blokes good name through the sh-- Be careful what you say about him because you,ll get loads of nasty PM,S from him. Only just seen this thread so sorry for the late warning. Apparently for what I can gather he had the rod back from rossco 10 months before he made a complaint. His main complaint was , the rod wont cast , his words . When asked what he ment he had no answer. As far as I know rossco didn't go to court. so that's why he won . Bit of a hollow victory if you ask me.
                            Last edited by brownmike; 28-06-2016, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brownmike View Post
                              This idiot as been laughed off the Whitby site. Complete utter toss-- :. and as dragged a blokes good name through the sh-- Be careful what you say about him because you,ll get loads of nasty PM,S from him. Only just seen this thread so sorry for the late warning. Apparently for what I can gather he had the rod back from rossco 10 months before he made a complaint. His main complaint was , the rod wont cast , his words . When asked what he ment he had no answer. As far as I know rossco didn't go to court. so that's why he won . Bit of a hollow victory if you ask me.
                              When people take the **** referring my father to a rat because he was a miner i have a good right to become nasty !!!!! .when i get PM MESSAGES OFF NASTY PEOPLE I WILL SEND THEM BACK , as for rossco i paid counting a px spinning rod £180 if he cant follow simple instruction do a job right i will do something about it ,work supposed to be guaranteed ,The rod was whipped for fixed spool when it was sent when returned whipped multiplyer smaller guides.Brownmike might have money to waste i haven't
                              Last edited by Huahin; 03-07-2016, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X