Fishing in the Dominican Republic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing in the Dominican Republic

Anyone been fishing in Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic?

Any info plz as soon for me 50th, be nice to give it a try?

Cheers
    Rods:-
    Century Formula One
    Zziplex Dream-Machine

Reels:-
    Abu 7000c
    Abu 7000
    Abu 6500c3 CT

North East reverse pendulum casting champ!!! oo oo

PB- 9oz Pollymog off the heugh

Originally posted by Jackie-man View Post
    Anyone been fishing in Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic?

Any info plz as soon for me 50th, be nice to give it a try?

Cheers
    below is a post from me on SAR
    i went out on may 2016 to get married there but the fishing on boats is as follows

Well after getting up at 6am we headed out for what we thought was going to be a great day of fishing, 1hour in a mini bus we landed at the port 2 class boats waiting to take us out.
    Plenty of rods, we were like get in only 6 people on board plenty fishing.
    Then it all went wrong the first mate came out cast all rods out and we were like ummm what's going on we travelled around for 45 mins and we were like what the hell is going on. He told us we could not touch the rods so 6 people sitting about going off it. Then he was like well we are marlin fishing so we all paid $120 each to be driven around for 4hours biggest Conn ever, when they did catch a marlin no one could even do out. But watch.
    So after a crap day and an 1 hour drive back we were gunning for the rep who was by now informed about it and is in hidding
    Boy is going to get it when we catch him.
    Trip advisor here I come when get back.
    They tell you yes you go out you stop you fish, have dinner beer etc etc but when you get there you get nowt.

You can take your own rod and reel and fish but you carnt do it next to hotel beaches as they have nets ect out to mark areas, but if you can find some rocks away from holiday makers swimming you will be ok, they will tell you no you carnt fish but this is to get you to buy the boat trips as above we fell for it. we ended fishing the rocks along from beach.

Comment

Afternoon,

I had the opposite on a boat trip two years ago. We headed out at about 0630 with five of us onboard. We all drew lots for order on the rods. We had a great morning catching mahe mahe and had one Marln strike but failed to connect. We paid about $100 each and had free rum all morning! I had to go for an hour in bed when we got back to the hotel. In total I think we had around 20 fish between the five anglers, all caught trolling.

Graham.

Comment

Cheers for the replys lads, a 50/50 then ?
        Rods:-
        Century Formula One
        Zziplex Dream-Machine

Reels:-
        Abu 7000c
        Abu 7000
        Abu 6500c3 CT

North East reverse pendulum casting champ!!! oo oo

PB- 9oz Pollymog off the heugh

Comment

Working...
        X