Which rod and reel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which rod and reel

Hello folks , my first post since renewing my password . I am going to Norway next year and would appreciate any views on which gear to use . There's so much stuff on the web you just end up totally confused. Plenty time yet but I hope to build up gear each month .I suspect a new reel and rod . Going next September. Cheers Alan

I'm assuming you're boat fishing in Norway next September in which case you'll certainly need a good quality rod and a well made reel with a decent spool capacity. You don't necessarily need extra heavy duty equipment but Norway fishing will test every aspect of your gear right down to your swivels and split rings. If you're taking a travel rod there's a few decent rods on the market such as the 4 piece Shimano Exage AX STC or the 3 piece Okuma Cortez and both rods come in 20/30 or 30/50, there's also the Penn Rampage which is also a tough well made rod.
    We've fished Norway for several years, the majority of the fish you'll catch will NOT be specimens but every now and then you'll be into a whopper so make sure your drag is set correctly and you'll be ok.

Comment

Thanks for that I had looked at the Shimano Exage range but am undecided whether to go for the 20/30 or 30/50 .I prefer a softer feel so will probably go for the 20/30lb Thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
      X