Coin hive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coin hive

There is a coinhive script running on this forum, I hope the owners haven't placed it there hoping to use our computers to mine bitcoins for them.

Avast and Malwarebytes recommend block and reporting.

Was wondering what what going on...for a few weeks whenever I log into NESA my processor goes into overdrive & core temp rockets - anti-virus has been alerting me on every page and occasionally get the message "page has had to be reloaded because of a problem". Consequently haven't been visiting or staying on too long till I'd got word of what was going on...

Gary
    ....fishin' accomplished......

Whitley Bay Angling Society
    on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/whitleybayanglingsoc/

Comment

same, Norton keeps blocking it

Comment

Been going on for a few weeks now bloody pain in arse

Comment

whats up

I use library computers and nesa runs slow sometimes in shields libraries , tough in sunderland nesa runs fairly normal if not a teeny bit faster than normal but never had a problem apart from that can some one explain please

Comment

Coinhive is a script that the owners have installed onto this forum, it uses YOUR computer resources to run meaningless computing equations for another site in exchange for online currency.

It's highly unethical practice and should really be illegal but is too new to be categorized just now.

I'd advise all members to avoid logging on whilst this concealed hijacking of your computer continues.

Comment

Disabling Javascript before logging on to the site has prevented this nasty little script hijacking my processor...still getting alerts from anti-virus though...right pain in the ass now to use this site, running very slow & problems loading pages, all probably down to this scam.

Gary

Comment

Its a nuisance.can the admin get things sorted

Comment

Originally posted by Muad_Dib View Post
                  Coinhive is a script that the owners have installed onto this forum, it uses YOUR computer resources to run meaningless computing equations for another site in exchange for online currency.

It's highly unethical practice and should really be illegal but is too new to be categorized just now.

I'd advise all members to avoid logging on whilst this concealed hijacking of your computer continues.
                  cheers as I use a library computer and prob have state of the art security as I not able to see lots of things lad put up on facebook and alike, so prob not bother me

Comment

dont think this has anything to do with elton

as the ads on this site are run by

Ad Management by RedTyger

Which elton will get his share of vistors etc to the site and ads ran

Comment

Took a while to load pages and to log on before , but now seems to be running faster-smoother .

Comment

Its still not right.needs sorting

Comment

I haven't got a clue what's going on but the forum now gets blocked at my workplace.
                          Cheers, Keith.

Comment

I've rolled back the files to 7th October, which I'm hoping will clear it for now. Thing is, this is very old software and I haven't looked at how it was hacked. If it happens again, I'm not sure what options I'll have.

Thanks to Keith for alerting me. Unfortunately, my work is such that I don't tend to any websites these days

Comment

Just logged in and it's still running...

Gary

Comment

Working...
                              X