NFSA MEETING: GATESHEAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFSA MEETING: GATESHEAD

I recieved the following e-mail from Alan Brothers of the NFSA, today.

The invitation is open to anybody with an interest in the future of Recreational Sea Angling and who want to be involved in the policy consultation process.

I hope there will be some NESA members able to attend:-

I found your name on the NESA website and thought you might like to know that the NE division of the NFSA is holding an open meeting for recreational sea anglers on October 26 at the Railway Club, Hudson Street, Gateshead at 7.30 pm. You are cordially invited.

Three purposes:
    1. To inform anglers of progress in developing relations with Defra. One result has been that Defra has set up an inshore fisheries department which includes a senior civil servant responsible full-time for RSA policy. I hope you will agree that this is real and promising progress from the time only a year or so ago when Defra was concerned purely with the commercial side of the fishing industry.

2. To hear from anglers how they would like the NFSA to develop these relations to further benefit RSA, and

3. To urge sea anglers to join the NFSA so that we can continue this work.

The secretary of the NFSA NE division is Peter Mantle. He may be contacted on 01207 271 841 or e-mail Mantle1911@aol.com I will also be pleased to hear from you and my contact details are at the end if this message.

Please pass this invitation to other sea anglers and we hope we may see you on October 26.

Regards,

Alan
    Alan Brothers,
    Hon. public relations officer,
    National Federation of Sea Anglers,
    7 St. James Street,
    Lewes, East Sussex BN7 1HR

TC

[Edited on 18/10/2005 by TC]

Would be good to have a few representatives there showing interest cheers tony ...Im off work so I\'ll be going

Comment

I\'ll be at work ,shame that .
      You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

might have a run over, could be intresting and i haven\'t been to the BRSA club for a few years

cheers
        mark

Comment

cheers TC
          Alan

Comment

if anybody needs a lift pm me

Comment

Will be at work in Manchester,but will try and get back here for the meeting.
              As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible,
              but P*****g everyone off is a piece of cake.

Comment

As a member of the NFSA Conservation Group I\'ll be coming up for the meeting from sunny Hull, might even stay over for the night, any decent local hostelries that do B&B that someone recommends, would be a good opportunity to have a few beers with NESA members.
                If it doesn't bite its not worth catching!!!

Comment

There are a multitude of B&B,s in South Shields. There are also a multitude of NESA members in South Shields.

Comment

I found your name on the NESA website and thought you might like to know that the NE division of the NFSA is holding an open meeting for recreational sea anglers on October 26 at the Railway Club, Hudson Street, Gateshead at 7.30 pm. You are cordially invited.

Three purposes:
                    1. To inform anglers of progress in developing relations with Defra. One result has been that Defra has set up an inshore fisheries department which includes a senior civil servant responsible full-time for RSA policy. I hope you will agree that this is real and promising progress from the time only a year or so ago when Defra was concerned purely with the commercial side of the fishing industry.

2. To hear from anglers how they would like the NFSA to develop these relations to further benefit RSA, and

3. To urge sea anglers to join the NFSA so that we can continue this work.

The secretary of the NFSA NE division is Peter Mantle. He may be contacted on 01207 271 841 or e-mail Mantle1911@aol.com I will also be pleased to hear from you and my contact details are at the end if this message.

Please pass this invitation to other sea anglers and we hope we may see you on October 26.
                    I think its a step forward for recreational fishing that this is taking place
                    I\'ll be there with mark(marksworld) would be nice to see a few more nesa members there

Comment

will be putting a post up on friday night sometime when i get a little time about the NFSA meeting
                      cheers
                      mark

Comment

Got stuck in manchester and could,nt get back in time. God how I hate that place.

Comment

thought sam harris was gonna come to blows

Comment

He\'d probably hit the wrong bloke
                            Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Look forward to reading your report, mark.

From what I hear, things got a bit heated......and not just with Mr. Harris ?????.........lol @ KeithB :P

[Edited on 28/10/2005 by TC]

Comment

Working...
                              X