How to make the best use of this forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make the best use of this forum

Many thanks to TC for setting this up, hopefully we can put the world to rights, well at least try and improve the angling experience in our region, even if its just getting illegal nets and buoys moved from favourate venues.

There are two ways in which we can do this;

Through the north eastern sea fisheries committee (NESFC), who are responsible for management of fisheries within the 6 mile limit and regulation and enforcement of fisheries within the same area. Issues for which I can help with would include, illegal netting, placement of static gear around piers, retention of undersized fish (and this applys also to anglers), and of course this is a two way stream; I will pass on information to anglers with regard to whats happening in their district over fisheries and byelaws proposals.

It will help if I can get a full set of the NESFC byelaws put up somewhere on the site, its hardly exciting reading, but better to have them available than surfing the net to find them.

The other way of asisting is through the National Federation of Sea Anglers (NFSA), of course it would be beneficial tosay to head office that a group of members in the NE are being forced off their favourite venue by the docks board, as opposed to non members but I\'ll leave that up to you guys. However, that particular example is something that we may be able to investigate, at least set up dialogue with the relevent authority to try and find some common ground.

So in a nutshell local fisheries issues can be dealt with through the NESFC, other issues such as access may have to go through the NFSA.

What ever the issue, it has to be factual.

Whilst the Gateshead meeting was disappointing in terms of turn out, I think it was a worthwhile experience. So at the risk of meeting overload, do any of you think it would be of great benefit to ask the Chief Fisheries Officer of the NESFC to come up and give a presentation about the work of the NESFC and also listen first hand to some of the issues that affect anglers in the NE. We\'ve had them in Yorkshire and they have been a great success with up to 70 anglers turning up at the meetings.

Let me if you all think this would be worthwhile
    If it doesn't bite its not worth catching!!!

well if its anything like the last meeting I will certainly attend ...anyone else???

Comment

if i can make it

cheers
      mark

Comment

I\'m interested,depends where and when though
        Cheers Alan...

Comment

\"Many thanks to TC for setting this up.........\"

No problem, Nigel.
          I guess we should\'ve had this forum up & running years ago.

Just hope it doesn\'t give you too many headaches........lol

Comment

TC i think nigel enjoys the challenge lol. you gotta have a hol sometime doc to much work and not enough play and all that and thats talking from my own expeience

cheers
            mark

Comment

What\'s a \"hol\" ?

Comment

ya gotta have one!!!!!!!!!!! or ya could end up in one of our boxes lol

cheers
                mark

Comment

lmao best get one tony or mark will be bring his tape measure along to the next comp

Comment

Doc,...suggest a time and a place..I will be there.

Dave
                    www.save-our-sharks.org
                    Save our Sharks Member
                    SACN NE Regional Co-Ordinator
                    NSFC RSA representative

Comment

As long as I get plenty of notice it should not be a problem Nigel.

Jim.
                      Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Comment

I\'ll get back to the CFO and ask for their available dates and then hopefully someone local can suggest and acquire a suitable location, TC has already suggested the lifeboat station at Cullercoats (I think), which to me is a suitable venue, not sure on the idea of not being able to have a pint though (LOL).

Cheers

Doc
                        If it doesn't bite its not worth catching!!!

Comment

I have a friendly Landlord with a FREE fnction room and a 12pm license . Its at Newton Aycliffe. Disco and Karaoke are included as long as you drink more than one pint each

Dave
                          Save our Sharks Member
                          SACN NE Regional Co-Ordinator
                          NSFC RSA representative

Comment

i have spoken to two friend sof mine both have free rooms both sell beer. british legion in morpeth and the black swan in morpeth.

cheers
                            mark

Comment

Morpeth :P
                              Fishey chat,beer and if by chance it is around the end of the month,nurses.
                              THE PSYCHIC BIKER

Comment

Working...
                              X