Meeting with the NESFC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meeting with the NESFC

OK, as promised I\'ve discussed the feasibility of having an open meeting with the deputy Chief Fisheries Officer of the North Eastern Sea Fisheries Committee.

He has indicated that he and a colleague(s) (CFO and new local area officer), are more than willing to come and discuss with anglers in the NE issues that are currently affecting the fishing.

These include illegal nets, placement of nets in certain areas, potting markers and length of tows, positioning of static gears around angling venues (piers etc.) and any other issues that may be relevent.

Of course they cannot come at the drop of a hat and a couple of weeks notice at least will be required. Do we have anyone who can suggest and organise a suitable venue, and provide a few available dates say end of November/early December, (anything that doesn\'t coincide with Newcastle, Sunderland and or Middlesboro playing would help). (ooops sorry the monkey hangers as well).

We could do to put forward a list of issues ready for discussion so that the NESFC officers can at least provide the most up to date info on the night.

Cheers

Doc
    If it doesn't bite its not worth catching!!!

Why not let\'s take up one of the offers of help we\'ve recieved from one of the local RNLI Stations as regards a venue?

Cullercoats Station has a good sized meeting room and we were offered use of it for meetings. I can contact Brian Reeds at Cullercoats RNLI to enquire about its\' use.

Unless.........you think a pub would be more suitable?
    Certainly more \"social\" but not really appropriate for what might be a \"passionate debate\"....lol

Comment

Seems like a excellent venue to me Tony
      Cheers Alan...

Comment

Sounds good to me

Comment

Working...
        X