7ht mag problems help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7ht mag problems help needed

hi fairly new to forum I bought a 7ht mag from ebay been looking forward to getting it on the field but when I got it it looks new but when u put it in free spool and spin it it sounds as thow its either catching sumit or its nocking ive tried loosening and tightening the end cap but its not doing anything any help would be appreciated lads scott

Hi has something not worked loose inside have you had the sideplate off to have a look

Comment

My first thought would be that the pinion gear might not be moving back properly when put into free-spool. The pinion often causes problems with re-engagement too (not going back into gear properly) so it might just be sticking, possibly it's picked up a little burr on the edge that can cause this. Or it might just need a good clean & lubrication - very hard to diagnose without seeing it as it could be something else entirely (like a bent spool - but that's unlikely).

Gary
      ....fishin' accomplished......

Whitley Bay Angling Society
      on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/whitleybayanglingsoc/

Comment

Originally posted by scott44 View Post
        hi fairly new to forum I bought a 7ht mag from ebay been looking forward to getting it on the field but when I got it it looks new but when u put it in free spool and spin it it sounds as thow its either catching sumit or its nocking ive tried loosening and tightening the end cap but its not doing anything any help would be appreciated lads scott
        if you are from sunderland i will have a look at it foc

Comment

That's a great offer cod magnet

Comment

Wonder if the seller has had the Mag side plate off & not got it back right. Can be a sod & might make some noise.

Comment

Hope he's got it sorted by now, it's been nearly a year.
              People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Comment

Working...
              X