• Show
Clear All

• NE & JNCC renege on agreement

Northern Federation of Sea Angling Societies
    Press release

Re local MCZ meetings
    Natural England & Joint Nature Conservancy Council
    renege on agreement

As you know I attended a meeting at Birmingham on 3rd April along with Mark Lloyd and Stuart McPherson of the Angling Trust. Although many vital questions where unanswered, the Natural England and the Joint Nature Conservancy Council it was agreed that a member of NE would contact a local AT representative to arrange a date in late May or early April for a meeting where all anglers could attend. This I relayed to as many people as possible at the NFSAS’s AGM held at Easington Colliery Club on the 16th April. Although I had been unable to get answers to many questions for those who attended the AGM, everyone, some who had had a round trip of 162 miles, seemed happy there where to be local meetings shortly, where they could find out the ins and outs of the MCZ designation. After no contact was made the local AT representative contacted the person who was supposed to be arranging these meetings with him, and was told, no way where they going to attend local meetings. I have since spoken to a local NE representative, who I have worked with before and trust, he informed me that a process for stakeholder consultation is being put together, but it seems that we will have to wait a lot longer.
    I have in my possession now a draft copy of the minutes of the meeting on 3rd April and am in the process of reading through them. When Mark Lloyd and Stuart McPherson get back from Brussels, we will be putting our thoughts on what the minutes contain together, as soon as this happens I will send them out. How on earth these people expect to build trust between themselves and anglers I do not know. All I can say is, all I got out of the meeting was a cup of tea, a sandwich and a headache, trying to get out of Birmingham.

Please feel free to post this press release on any web site

Alan Charlton press sec NFSAS
    Alan

It seems they want our hard earned information just to use it against us Alan. I wonder how this "process for stakeholder consultation" is going to be formulated. Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Comment

Working...
    X