No announcement yet.

RSPB at it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it seems like we are all pulling in the right direction on here. I dont mind the idea of rod licence fees as long as the money goes back into our sport and not into topping up government coffers.
    When I was course fishing, I was charged a rod licence fee by the government so I could fish in the rivers, then I was told I could,nt fish in the rivers cos the government had sold the fishing rites to some angling club and I had to pay them so I could fish in the river. Stung twice!
    This is what I fear will happen with sea angling.
    I will be there on the 11th June and hopefully we can get some answers.
    As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible,
    but P*****g everyone off is a piece of cake.

Comment

Originally posted by Topfly View Post
      Alan, pity i cant attend the meeting at the ouseburn centre about the MCZs , i hope there is a good turn out to represent our angling clubs, and we get some coherent answers instead of the usual waffle. Is there any chance of getting a bit of media coverage for the meeting, or do you think that is over the top bearing in mind that we are not going to get many more chances of bringing this to the attention of the angling community. The majority of anglers are not members of clubs but are still passionate about the sport, and might not have the information that we have access to. just a thought...Jim
      the info about the meetings has been widely spread not just on the internet, but via e mail and has already been in the press. Just hope you lot turen up ask your questions in a civil manner.
      Alan

Comment

Working...
      X