Storing rods in winter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storing rods in winter

This may sound like a really daft question but does storing your rod in the garage where it gets below zero affect the rod in anyway. I know we all use them in freezing conditions but how about long term storage. I've just got myself a quite expensive rod and want to keep it in good nick as long as possible.

If there decent rods m8 make sure there in decent rod bags and just make sure after every session there cleaned and dried and stored away the cold shouldn't be a issue as long as there bagged up

Comment

Thought so Just wanted to check. There in a rod back in a rod quiver.

Comment

Have always stowed my rods away in the garage and had no probs like

Comment

Don't know about cold damage but they are far more likely to walk from the garage. My rods live in the house, no way I'd keep over a grands worth of rods (3x Zziplex, 1x Century) out in the garage...
          CLIP IT AND WHACK IT

Comment

I only have 3 sea rods and two boat rods all are cleaned after use put in the cloth bags and put away upstairs do the same with my fly gear.
            when I lived in my flat I put some of my gear in the garage and some ******* broke into the garage and nicked the lot.
            at that time my insurance covered some of the gear but not all.
            consett warlord retired

Comment

I agree whats been said about your garage being broken into but your house can be broken into also my garage fortunately is built into my house so is well alarmed and have stored all my gear in it for along time with no problems .I couldn't get all me gear in the house anyway but I do understand there are different types of garages I certainly wouldn't leave it in my shed.I suppose its what your comfortable with

Comment

In answer to the OP, I have a couple of rods that are affected if left in the cold shed for any length of time. A Conoflex and a Greys, both had problems when trying to put the joints together. After seeing similar posts on another forum I followed recommendations and brought all my rods indoors and have had no problems since.

I do also agree on the security issue and feel better that they are now in the bedroom. I pulled my wardrobe about 6ins from the wall and they now live behind the wardrobe out of sight and out of harms way. (also wife never notices when there is a new arrival )

Comment

Working...
                X