yellowtail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yellowtail

hi ya peeps just out of interest how can you stop yellow tails /black lug spitting their guts out had a few do this today please help is there anyway stoke technique to stop it ?????????????
    pb s ling 24lbs cod 10.7 lbs pollock 9.5 lbs mission on to beat these

use a baiting needle only about a pound

Comment

If you're on about keeping them alive at home then you need to keep them in the fridge and change their sea water daily , they should last longer that way.
      You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

Originally posted by guy View Post
        use a baiting needle only about a pound
        i use one mate but as soon as they went on it they spat their insides out just wondering if thats the norm

Comment

Hello mate, just a thought but it could be the heat from your fingers that make them purge themselves when you handle them. This doesn't make much difference if you are about to bait up with them but it will if you are trying to keep them alive to use at a later date.

regards Rushy

Comment

Originally posted by lovetofish View Post
            Hello mate, just a thought but it could be the heat from your fingers that make them purge themselves when you handle them. This doesn't make much difference if you are about to bait up with them but it will if you are trying to keep them alive to use at a later date.

regards Rushy
            this is probably the reason they are blowing,try keeping your hands wet/cold with sea water when handling them,if you are keeping them make sure fresh sea water is kept at the same temp.put a search on here i'm sure there will be loads of threds to go at .

Comment

Originally posted by lovetofish View Post

regards Rushy
              aye i never thought of that cheers mate

Comment

Originally posted by micky dent View Post
                this is probably the reason they are blowing,try keeping your hands wet/cold with sea water when handling them,if you are keeping them make sure fresh sea water is kept at the same temp.put a search on here i'm sure there will be loads of threds to go at .
                ill give that a go thanks very much mate

Comment

I just use one of those little square aquarium nets to scoop them up when changing the water - they don't seem to mind one bit Another tip is don't keep them in too much water - about half an inch in a cat litter tray is about right. And yes, make sure the water is the same temperature when you change it.

Gary
                  ....fishin' accomplished......

Whitley Bay Angling Society
                  on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/whitleybayanglingsoc/

Comment

Depends if you dug them or pumped them.

Harder to keep alive If they've been pumped. Best gutted and papered up.
                    The 'five plums!' Northumberland sea league champions.

Comment

Originally posted by Cod,cod,cod! View Post
                      Depends if you dug them or pumped them.

Harder to keep alive If they've been pumped. Best gutted and papered up.
                      I dont get that problem after pumping them,a day back in water and they are kicking.

Comment

Yellow Tails are just a pain in the ass... They are so temperamental sometimes you do everything right and they die on you... lol...
                        Cod Mission: Cod over 5lb!

Success: 27/09/12

PB COD!!!: 9lb 13OZ!

Chance of Success?: Dismal, But possible!

Comment

i agree mate tho at times they can be a killer if you can keep them intact sure the lads have a point on the hand heat it makes sense

Comment

wouldnt have thought about gutting yellow tails bud black yeah of course

Comment

I thought thats what black lug was.... yellowtails with the guts removed?

Comment

Working...
                              X