Braid on multi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braid on multi?

Is anyone using braid on a multiplier with any success for beach fishing. Is there a type of braid/ mono hybrid that keeps the line round and prevents it digging in. I love braid but miss my multis!!!??
    ZZiplex m427, Hulk model
    Okuma trio Rex
    Aerlex 7000xsa
    Penn spinfisher 7500 lc

i used to us it on my 525 mag2 and my 515 never had a problem but i used 30 - 40 lb braid and 100lb shock only ever had it dig in once but that was my fault for not letting slack of when pulling out of snag. the thinner lines dig in like mad as i tryed it and quickly changed. you dont get much on with bigger lines so if a long caster you might whip it all of in one go.
    hope it helps

Comment

What was the braid make matey, have you christened the tt sport yet
      ZZiplex m427, Hulk model
      Okuma trio Rex
      Aerlex 7000xsa
      Penn spinfisher 7500 lc

Comment

Been using braid on a 525 slidey for about 2 years now. Had probs to start with
        it bedding in but found that when you bring it in, to run it across the spool a lot quicker than you would with mono so it lays down on a slant and that stops it.
        Hope this helps.

Comment

Nice tip I might try it in the future but at moment I've invested in a penn spinfisher lc and find it very strong so I'll give that a chance. I will try it though plus I'm giving the asso 8 strand (round) braid a go on it.
          ZZiplex m427, Hulk model
          Okuma trio Rex
          Aerlex 7000xsa
          Penn spinfisher 7500 lc

Comment

Working...
          X