No announcement yet.

sonik sk3 views

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an SKS which has done me well so far for less intensive fising marks.
    The bitte detection is really good on that and manage to catch on that rod when my Kompressor SS didn't register despite their being nothin left on the hook when reeling in.

I have only just got a SK3, fixed spool version, which I haven't had time to use yet.

I did take it onto the cricket pitch last night though and I hit some reasonable distances with it even though I couldn't put a lot of effort in. You know, the old finger problem. Hurts like helll which is why I'm looking at the Cannon release on another topic.

My only area of dislike is the quality of the rings. I know any rod will suffer if you abuse it but the rings Sonik use on both the SKS and SK3 seem really fragile.

I just had 2 replaced, but saying that I have my Kompressor SS in for one as well after the rod hit concrete when the rest was dragged over.

For what it's worth I think they're good value for money but if you do have problems with the guides later then you always have them replaced with something else.
    Last edited by Lynnzer; 18-05-2014, 10:39 PM. Reason: correction to type of reel
    Told the missus I was going on a diet. I'd only eat what I caught

Comment

Originally posted by megmoss View Post
      dont be fooled into paying £300 plus for a century etc on some tackle tarts recommendation...
      Never a more true statement made mate.

Have 2 14ft SK4's - A Sonik 15ft 3 piece - a Sonik SKS boat rod and canna fault them - had to replace the tip ring on one of the SK4's twice which got damaged due to my own fault. The boat rod has performed absolutely fantastic and managed my 45lber with ease. Can't complain.
      http://jemnessgsd.homestead.com/home.html

Weapons of Choice

A Fishing Rod
      A Reel
      Hook, Line, Sinker
      Some Bait

Comment

I think if you can keep them in one piece they are good for the money!
        "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
        PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Got my sk3 xtr 14ft ROUGH GROUND rod and all I can say is 10/10 so far with no problems at all. You have to remember that all these people who have the experience from 20 yrs ago have only ever been able to use zippy, century and conoflex as that's all there was. ...???. How do you know that if sonik were around in the 80's that the lads wouldn't of been using these? ? I think imo alot of lads choose a company and stick with it regardless just imo tho

Comment

I have a sk3 rough ground
            Bought in jan 2014 can't fault it
            Looks good, casts ok, handles decent Fisk ok, what else do you want?

Unfortunately it'll be for sale soon
            As my collection is outgrowing my garage space

Comment

Originally posted by Tonygdodds View Post
              I have a sk3 rough ground
              Bought in jan 2014 can't fault it
              Looks good, casts ok, handles decent Fisk ok, what else do you want?

Unfortunately it'll be for sale soon
              As my collection is outgrowing my garage space
              Lol. Build an extension!
              "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
              PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

sell your soniks no need for extention, I have personally snapped 2 soniks and no its not my casting style as I have not snapped any other rod and I have had ALOT they are a expensive cheap rod in my eyes. I snapped the sk4 in 3 places and the sk3 in about 8 places. they are a dangerous rod and in my eyes should not be allowed to keep selling faulty poor items there rods are dangerous when you are powering into a rod and they don't just snap they shatter its very dangerous.

Comment

How in hell can you snap a rod of carbon fibre in more than a single place at one time? Once the first break happens that eliminates the stress on the rest of the rod so a further break is hard to imagine.

If there's a weak spot surely it'll be the place to break rather than several breaks. It may splinter along the length of the rod perhaps but I just can't see more than a single snap at one time. Does carbon fibre splinter anyway? It's a sort of wrap that makes up the rod, not elongated strips.

Anyone got a picture of these things?

I now have the SKS which I think is great for lighter marks, a SK3 for clean beaches and a NCT 5oz which handles just beautifully.

All three of them aren't put to the limit as casting heavy weights go mainly because my old body can't manage to bend any rod the same way as a gorrilla can. That said I am throwing out a 6 oz and bait on the NCT 5oz to a good distance with a good hefty cast. I'm really not worried that I'll snap one as replacements are part of the deal.
                  Told the missus I was going on a diet. I'd only eat what I caught

Comment

Had sk3 snapped at but between hands had sk4 snapped at tip, pure ****e and there wouldn't honour warrantee on sk4 wasn't bothered after second rod, they just ignored emails, so thought bugger you for selling me a poor quality item. With that said ill always give my honest opinion on for said products when asked, I did however catch my biggest cod of 8lb on a sonik, but now only use the broken butt section to re-line reels, so yeah there good for that.
                    ZZiplex m427, Hulk model
                    Okuma trio Rex
                    Aerlex 7000xsa
                    Penn spinfisher 7500 lc

Comment

trash
                      cheers phil

Comment

Just can not understand anybody buying a rod with a bad reputation. Saying there cheap and they have a life time guarantee doesn't wash. Its like putting your hand in a lucky bag and hoping you'll do well. If you do get a bad one what about the inconvenience of lost fishing time, taking the rod back. If you get a new one, you'll have lost confidence in the rod. The most important thing in my book if they weren't selling the rods, they might do something to improve them.

Comment

I've had 2 original sk3s apart from crap rings the blanks were sound great in rough ground and caught some decent fish with them

Comment

Think its been said , the early ones where ok. Then some brain box says lets make it cheaper and we'll make more money. Happens in a lot of manufacturing.

Comment

Originally posted by brownmike View Post
                              Think its been said , the early ones where ok. Then some brain box says lets make it cheaper and we'll make more money. Happens in a lot of manufacturing.
                              Aye totally agree with you m8 greys are a fine example there rods are not to hot well not as good as they were a few year back but that's the way it is now which is a shame

Comment

Working...
                              X