Plaice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plaice

Lynn and I were passing the fish shop today and this large, whole Plaice was staring up at as. Bought it on a whim, got the fishmonger to fillet it for us. Four nice fillets for under £2.

Had a hunt around the kitchen and made a simple cream sauce with 2 crushed garlic cloves, sea salt, black pepper and oregano, warmed it through in the slow cooker. Then added Plaice for 5 minutes, then some de-frosted Iceland prawns for further 2 minutes. Served with rice noodles.

Really lovely meal for two, total cost, less than a fiver.
    2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Sounds good that me n our lass are experimenting a bit more with fish these days now I have took up fishing mite have to give this a go
    Species 2013 : crabs, warts

Comment

A lot of people don't seem to like Plaice, but I think it had a lovely delicate taste and a bit of seasoning brings it out.

Comment

depends on where yer get it from, I personally wouldn't buy the stuff from a supermarket fishmongers shelf but if yer catch a one from the open sea and eat it fresh it's good

Anyways kayos, you maybe the jocks answer to rick stein but I just fillet, dust with flour and shallow fry them, nice

Comment

Plaice is a lovely fish but as mentioned best when really fresh... Not 4-5days old like the supermarkets lol. Well worth £2!! Sounds nice mate
          "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
          PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Indeed. Plaice was bought from fishmonger, not supermarket. Have Hake ordered for the weekend. Watch this space!

Comment

[QUOTE=g.ordon;691927]depends on where yer get it from, I personally wouldn't buy the stuff from a supermarket fishmongers shelf but if yer catch a one from the open sea and eat it fresh it's good

Anyways kayos, you maybe the jocks answer to rick stein but I just fillet, dust with flour and shallow fry them, nice[/QUOTE

hi gordon, exactly how i do all my fish, with seasoned flour and not over cook

Comment

this post is over 3 years old,lol.still a good read mind..

Comment

WACO m8, you are allowed to read past post's and comment,
                  regardless of what reg think's. ! .

Comment

your correct.

Originally posted by Davey1970 View Post
                    WACO m8, you are allowed to read past post's and comment,
                    regardless of what reg think's. ! .
                    .wasent slagging the man off.as said,was still a good read.i also said LOL.

Comment

Working...
                    X